This is how 3 referees rated Ahmed:
A highly qualified Cambridge University PhD Physics graduate. I am a dedicated and experienced tutor with more than 3000 hours of tutoring experience.
Guaranteed to achieve the best possible results for all different boards in:
- AS, A2, A Level, etc
- IB Diploma
I am currently working as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the University of Cambridge. I completed my PhD in Physics at the University of Cambridge, where I also completed my second masters degree in applied mathematics and theoretical physics. Before coming to Cambridge, I completed my undergraduate degree in Electronics Engineering and my masters degree in Physics. I spent a couple of years conducting research in the United States at Harvard University and MIT and also joined a research venture between Singapore and Japan, where I worked as a Researcher in Tokyo, Japan.
More than 10 years of teaching and tutoring experience in Universities (University of Cambridge, American University in Cairo, Cairo University), Several private tuition agencies and private colleges in Cambridge. More than 3000 hours of one-to-one tutoring in Cambridge and London.
My teaching experience is both vast and extensive where I have successfully tutored several subjects to numerous students students doing GCSE, A-level, IB and equivalent qualifications across the different examination boards. I have also tutored students pursuing their undergraduate and masters degrees both at a university level and through private tutoring.
Over the years I have consistently received excellent feedback. Many of the students I have tutored in the past few years were able to gain admission to many reputable universities including Cambridge, Oxford, UCL and Imperial to mention a few.
Below is a sample of the feedback I received from previous tutees:
- "Ahmed has taught my daughter Phoebe A-level maths in C1, C2, C3, S1 and M1 across two years. He has helped her build confidence and deeper understanding that resulted in her getting an A grade in all her math papers. He was always punctual, polite, kind, happy, and above all an excellent, thorough tutor, well able to teach the finer points of mathematics in order for one to excel in examinations… Would highly recommend him"
- "Over the past year, Ahmed has taught Ben and Molly Maths GCSE. He has done a fantastic job in making maths fun for them and helped them develop their skills and boost their confidence in a very short time. After one lesson with him, they really happy chatting about Ahmed's maths and how he's an inspiring teacher!"
- "I highly recommend Ahmed to anyone who requires Maths or Physics tutoring. He is punctual and patient and lays out clear session goals. He has also been very friendly and helpful in his approach. In a few weeks, he helped me significantly improve my grades and performance in C3, C4 and M2 Math papers, which helped me get into my target university :) I am grateful for all his help"
- "We could not be more happy with Ahmed as a Physics tutor. Our son, Harry is dyslexic and struggled to understand physics concepts and apply correctly in exams. However, Ahmed has been incredibly patient and great in making Physics enjoyable to Harry that he went from failing physics to getting high B in a short time thanks to Ahmed's tutoring… "
- "Ahmed is very methodical and calm. He was always happy to explain simplest topics several times. Ahmed also has very clear writing and good sense of humor, which made studying a lot easier!"
- "Thanks very much for helping Lara, I know she's found the sessions with you very useful. She's a lot more confident in both Maths and Physics now and well on her way to get an A in her GCSEs"
"Just a note to say many thanks for all the time and effort you have given to tutoring Sorcha. We have been very impressed by your helpful and expert input and I know that Sorcha is extremely grateful to you for making Maths IB a lot more understandable. We will be more than happy to vouch for the quality of your tutoring we wish you all the best for the future."
" Ahmed has been great help to our daughter Emma, who is doing her Maths IB. During the transition from the U.S to UK, Emma struggled to keep up with her Maths at school. However, Ahmed has proved to be an incredibly talented teacher in his approach with Emma. He was very personable and patient to make sure Emma understood the concepts and exam techniques as well. I am happy to report that Emma got a 7/7 in her Maths and got into Oxford”
- “Thank you very much for our math and physics lessons. As with every lesson, I was so amazed by it that I didn't want to leave it. I have been feeling amazing all the day after it! It was definitely helpful and very interesting. I got A’s in both papers and thanks to your help I will be going to University of London for my degree - Maria”
“William has greatly benefited from a crash course in math in preparation for his Maths A-levels, that helped him go from a C grade to A in a very short time. Ahmed has been nothing short of a brilliant tutor. I would highly recommend him”
“Ahmed has been a great help in both my subjects: Advanced Physics and Double Maths. He has helped me grasp the concepts and apply them successfully to problems. He provides brilliant insight to enhance understanding and challenges me with interesting problems. Thanks to his tutoring, I got the grades I need to get into Imperial College London - Kevin”
Different students have different ways of understanding different subjects. I maintain a very flexible tutoring method, where I tend to adapt my approach based on the student's needs. I always manage to lay down the fundamental concepts clearly to make sure that they were clearly grasped and I place strong emphasis on going through examples throughout the lesson.
I tend to start by establishing aims and goals of each lesson, and throughout the lesson I always engage the student in numerous questions and discussions to properly assess the student 's progress. An important aspect I focus on is exam-style or past paper questions in order to check, practice and perfect the student’s understanding and technique. I strongly believe that it is quite important to hold the space for the student and make sure that an understanding was successfully achieved by following their thought process.
I believe passionately in the huge value of tutoring to students and take great satisfaction in seeing my students achieve their full potential. Many of the students I have tutored in the past few years were able to gain admission to many reputable universities including Cambridge, Oxford, UCL and Imperial to mention a few.
|Date Last Logged In:||17/02/2017|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||10|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||10 Av. 5.00/5.00|
Tags: Cambridge Maths tutor, Cambridge Physics tutor, Cambridge Entrance Exams tutor, Cambridge GCSE Maths tutor, Cambridge A-Level Maths tutor, Cambridge University Maths tutor, Cambridge Casual Learner Maths tutor, Cambridge GCSE Physics tutor, Cambridge A-Level Physics tutor, Cambridge University Physics tutor, Cambridge Casual Learner Physics tutor, Cambridge GCSE Entrance Exams tutor, Cambridge A-Level Entrance Exams tutor, Cambridge University Entrance Exams tutor, Cambridge Casual Learner Entrance Exams tutor