Information About James - Helensburgh trainer
This is how 2 referees rated James:
I am an artist & designer based in Scotland. I have over 1000 hours of tuition experience both online and offline.
I am a practicing artist and designer and the learners who pay me often give me great feedback and reviews.
I have produced animations/modelling projects for offshore engineering, education and entertainment sectors since 1999.
I have had 2 page articles about my work in the magazine 3D World. I also recently sold one of my 3D prints to a Hollywood film in post production. For my own work, I often use 3D to make things in the real world using 3D printing, laser cutting etc. I have worked contractually at a FabLab and also completed arts residencies at FabLabs in London , Canada and Iceland.
Students often give me great feedback. I am new to this site I joined (19th November 2022), I hope to find some more learners here :)
I often help students with projects and ideas that they want to complete as task based learning.
w the speciality subjects that I tutor -
- 3D animation/Modelling with either Blender or 3DS Max
- Texture creation for 3D assets using the Adobe Substance suite
- 3D for 3D printing and other digital fabrication tools including laser cutting
- Traditional drawing at all levels
- Portfolio preparation
Suited to the learner's needs -
- Task/project based or
- Focused on a particular area for example Topology/mesh tidying, UV wrapping.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Edinburgh College Of Art (1999) - BA (HONS) Applied Design (Interior Design) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)