Your First Lesson with an IT Trainer
It may sound obvious, but for an IT training session it is highly likely you will need at least one computer! Ensure you are clear on who is providing what in terms of hardware. If you want your trainer to come to your home and teach you on your computer, state this. Equally, if you want a trainer to bring their computer or indeed multiple computers, and teach you using these, say so.
Setting Up for IT training
Ensure, if you want someone to teach you at home, that your computer is fit for use and ready to go - you don't want to spend your lesson arguing with Windows! Try and find a quiet space where you can both work without disturbance so you can really make the most of your time.
If you have arranged to go to the trainer's home, please think safety first and ensure that someone knows where you are going. Of course, under 18s should always be accompanied by an adult.
Before your First IT Lesson
It is helpful to think about what you want to achieve from your training, so your tutor can assist you swiftly and prepare a curriculum.
We recommend all clients should ask to see any qualifications the trainer has declared in the first lesson. If the trainer has a CRB check or has said they can offer references ask to see these as well in the first lesson. We advise IT trainers to expect this request.
First IT Lesson
- Is an opportunity for you to see how you get along with the trainer.
- The trainer will want to talk through your needs with you and what you are trying to achieve.
- The trainer will do some exercises with you to stretch you and understand your attainment level so far.
As your IT Lessons Progress
- Don't be afraid to ask your trainer to raise or ease the pace or difficulty of sessions.
- If you would like to change anything about the sessions (direction, structure) just mention it to your trainer.
- Help other clients by providing feedback about your trainer through First Tutors: I.T..
- Peace Of Mind
- Reference Checked... ✔
- Identity Verified... ✔
- Client Reviewed... ✔
- 7 Day Support... ✔