Information About Alexandros - Bloomsbury trainer - (6 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Alexandros:
+// Career //
Private Online University Programming Tutor - 2000h - Focus on Python & Java.
// Aim //
Be a highly effective online Tutor of Computer Programming by offering & enhancing my knowledge & skills towards the collaborative academic & personal development of tutees.
// Education //
- MA Education and Technology from UCL.
- Phd Computer Science student for 2.5 years at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh), research committee scholarship.
- BSc (Hons) equivalent Computer Science (1st) from AUTh, 3 state scholarships.
- Bachelor (Hons) equivalent Theology (1st) from AUTh.
- A-levels equivalent: Mathematics (19/20), Physics (19/20), Chemistry (19/20), Modern Greek Language (18/20), state award.
// Qualifications & Skills //
- Teaching Qualification (QTS).
- Strong skills in Programming, Computing, & Mathematics.
// Experience //
- Ongoing private tuition in Python, Java, and Computer Science modules for several undergraduate and postgraduate students in the UK & the EU.
- Ongoing dissertation mentoring of postgraduate UCL students under a UCL ChangeMakers project.
- Recent Emerging Technologies summer course tuition to a group of 16-17 year old international students at the Univ. of Cambridge.
- Recent Python tuition to a group of UCL Phd students under a UCL ChangeMakers project.
- Past assessment and teaching for 3 undergraduate Computer Science modules.
-Approximate Total Number of Tuition-
- Years: 3
- Hours: 2000
- Tutees: 130.
-Tutees' Universities (29)-
- London (17)
Birkbeck, Brunel, City, Goldsmiths, ICL, KCL, London Met, LSBF, LSBU, LSE, Middlesex, QMUL, Roehampton, RHUL, UEL, UCL, Westminster.
- UK (12)
Aberdeen, Aston, Bath, BCU, Brighton, Cardiff Met, Essex, Glasgow, Hertfordshire, Kent, OU, Surrey.
-Tutees' Programmes (13)-
- PhD (1)
Computer Science (CS)
- MSc (4)
Computing Science, IT, Information Science, Information Systems
- BSc (6)
CS, Information Technology (IT), Psychology, (Hons) Computing & IT, Computing, Information Management For Business
- FY (2)
Foundations of IT, Computer Communication & Network Engineering.
// Subjects //
-University, Undergraduate & Postgraduate-
- Computing Modules
- C++ & C.
// Approach //
- Analyse, Design, Implement & monitor, Evaluate.
- Dynamically & regularly identify
a) current & target mental & emotional tutees' status
b) most effective methods to bridge them.
// Fees //
- Method: PayPal or bank card, in advance.
- £18/h base fee.
- 3.52%/h + £0.21 PayPal fee, e.g. for 1h £0.84, for 2h £1.47.
- Extra 20 mins for the 1st session.
// Average Rating //
Python UnderGrad: 5/5
Java UnderGrad: 4.2/5
C++ UnderGrad: 5/5.
// Testimonials //
P7. "Good tutor with a methodical and detailed approach to teaching programming (Python in my case). Learning materials provided are also very helpful." 5/5 - KCL BSc, Mar 2018
P6. "Alexandros was very professional and helpful. He is a reliable and knowledgeable tutor and explained the concepts very well. I have learned a lot from him. I would highly recommend him and will seek his help again in the future." 5/5 - UCL MSc, Jan 2018
P5. "Very prompt response and his help was perfect, when some review of computing work was needed. Very reliable and professional tutor. Thank you." 5/5 - Bath MEng, Sep 2017
P4. "Alexandros is helping me with my python exam. He is knowledgeable, patient and well organised. So far, I am very satisfied with his tutor. He is just brilliant!" 5/5 - Professional, Jul 2017
P3. "very happy to have worked with this man :)" 5/5 - Professional, Nov 2016
P2. "He is fantastic tutor" 5/5 - London Met BSc, Feb 2016
P1. "I am learning a lot from Alexandros and very happy on how flexible he has been towards me. I recommend those who want to learn python." 5/5 - Professional, Nov 2015.
J8. "Great help" 5/5 - KCL BSc, Apr 2018
J7. "Best tutor will definitely recommend Alexandros" 5/5 - Cardiff Met BSc, Nov 2017
J6. "Explained java well and went the extra mile by going over time and confirming solutions afterwards" 5/5 - Birkbeck FdSc, May 2017
J5. "Excellent tutor, focused and is working on progressing my son's skills with Java." 4/5 - Brunel BSc Parent, Jan 2017
J4. "I am very happy with the help I received from Alexandros regarding Java programming. Alexandros is a very patient and friendly tutor and he explains everything very nicely. Highly recommend this tutor." 5/5 - Glasgow MSc, Nov 2016
J3. "Mr.Alexandros is excellent tutor. We are very pleased about the teaching methods and his plan and organizing.I am very proud to recommend him to other students." 5/5 - Middlesex BSc Parent, Apr 2016
J2. "Aced my test with his help." 5/5 - LSBU BSc, Apr 2016
J1. "He got great skills in programming." 5/5 - Westminster BSc, Feb 2016.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University College London (2017) - MA Education & Technology (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Department for Education (2014) - Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece) (2000) - 1st Computer Science (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||6|
|Total Positive Feedback:|