Information About Adrian - Reading trainer
This is how 2 referees rated Adrian:
I have used PC’s including MS Office Professional products at home and work for many years, plus using iPad and iPhone in an integrated way. I act as technical support at home.I have assisted friends with their computing issues and have been volunteering at Age UK Silver Surfers for the over 50's.
After teaching in a secondary school I moved into computing, I have often been involved in formal and informal teaching during my computing career in Enterprise IT.
I have assisted family and friends with PC computing setups, questions and issues and have been volunteering at Age UK Silver Surfers at Newbury Library providing tuition to the over 50’s on PCs running MS Windows 10 and 7 and on iPad’s
Discuss with you what you want to learn, work together on the required answers, review progress and next steps.
The following are examples of areas where I could assist you:
- Set up of a new PC, internet connection and peripherals such as a printer
- Set up an iPad
- Using MS Windows
- Using IOS
- Set up and use programs/ applications (apps) on PC and iPad
- Email set up and use on PC and iPad
- Apps for handling email attachments (e.g. Adobe Acrobat and MS Office applications)
- Using browsers on PC (e.g. Edge, Firefox, Chrome) or on iPad (e.g. Safari, Chrome)
- Using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) on PC
- Building an MS Access application
- Using iCloud and other cloud storage (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox) for backup and transferring photos and other data such as contacts between devices.
- What to do if you are reaching your cloud storage limit
- Antivirus and Anti-malware
- Specific tasks
o Using search engines such as Google and Bing
o Communication via Skype
o On line shopping
o On line banking
o Booking holidays on line
o Local and central government information
o Search library catalogues and renew books on line
o Managing photos across computers and getting a photo book made
o Manging music across computers including using iTunes and Amazon Music, Spotify
o Managing electronic books across computers using e.g. iBooks and Kindle
o Media apps:
Live and on demand TV, films, radio (iPlayer, Amazon, Netflix for example)
o Travel apps and maps
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Henley Management College (now Henley Business School) (1996) - MBA (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Nottingham University (1974) - Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Nottingham University (1973) - BSc Maths and Chemistry (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)