Information About Haris - Tower Hamlets trainer - (11 reviews)
This is how 5 referees rated Haris:
Haris offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
• Full-Time Professional Private Tutor
• Location: London, United Kingdom
• Nationality: British
• Specialism: Tutoring; University Admissions; Mentoring; Career Guidance
• Private Tutoring Experience: 12+ Years
• Business Consulting Experience: 10+ Years
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales)
• Certificate in Business Innovation (Harvard Business School)
• MSc International Political Economy (London School of Economics & Political Science)
• Diploma in Business Analytics (Wharton Business School)
• BSc Honours in Economics (University of Warwick)
• Qualified Member (British Mensa)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (ISACA)
• Certificate in Lean Six Sigma (APMG International)
• Certificate in Control Objectives for IT (Learning Tree International)
• Certificate in IT Infrastructure Library (AXELOS)
• Qualified Member (The Tutors Association)
• Straight 5 A*s in A Levels (Economics, Mathematics, Business, English, Accounting)
• 8 A*s & 2 As in GCSEs (Additional Mathematics, Geography, Commerce, Religious Studies)
BUSINESS CONSULTING EXPERIENCE:
• Assistant Vice President - Royal Bank of Scotland Group (London)
As part of Group Internal Audit, provided assurance and advisory to ensure that governance and controls over business processes were adequate, efficient and effective in managing key technology risks. Responsibilities included audit planning & scoping, audit testing & management and contributed towards business` continuous risk assessment.
• Manager - Deloitte (London)
Liaised with global innovation teams and provided support, expertise and encouragement in articulating and developing innovative ideas that positively impacted the firm's profitability, clients and its people. Developed from scratch a firm-wide, bite-sized knowledge sharing video platform, a winning idea submitted in an internal innovation challenge.
• Consultant / Senior Consultant - Deloitte (London)
Specialised in provision of technology controls assurance over key business processes as part of statutory financial audit engagements and Service Auditor Reporting projects. Progressed through the ranks from conducting on-field controls testing to field management and then engagement management including managing client relationships.
• Analyst - United Nations (Bangkok)
Based within Trade and Investment Division at the UN Asia-Pacific Headquarters. Synthesised research and policy papers, compiled and analysed macroeconomic data related to trade facilitation in Australasian agriculture sector. The internship culminated in a consultancy contract offered to a handful of interns.
• Intern - EY (London)
Completed a project that identified and presented efficiency and effectiveness improvements for senior management in the firm's retail and wholesale banking tax compliance process.
• Intern - ABN AMRO Bank (Overseas)
Engaged in identifying efficiency improvements in the bank's credit card issuance process from system entry to application approval.
• Intern - HSBC (Overseas)
Assisted clients in their everyday banking needs such as telephone banking, credit card applications and completion of trade order forms.
INTERESTS & EXTRACURRICULARS:
• I am passionate about Padel, a racket sport like tennis, most popular in Spanish-speaking countries. According to ITV, it is currently the fastest growing sport in the world. I regularly train with my coach and compete for national rankings in the British circuit.
• I am also a fitness enthusiast whether it is spending time in the gym or swimming. My interest in sports has continued since schooling years, having captained my school teams in Athletics, Swimming and Football competitions.
• Public speaking has been a strong interest which I fulfilled, during my education years, via taking part in Model United Nations conferences. This developed my communication skills which allows me to deliver clear explanations to my students. I represented my school and university in conferences at:
- Oxford University;
- Harvard University;
- Imperial College London;
- Cambridge University;
- Global Young Leaders Conference;
- London School of Economics.
Some of my past clients with their written testimonials are listed below:
• Mr. C - Economics Adult Learner from UK Investment Bank:
'I thought, in all honesty, you were patient, likeable, kind, and encouraging. I thought you covered the material well and concisely and, really, I don't see how what you were offering could have been done any better. It was brilliant.'
• Ms. R - MSc Economic Policy Student from University College London:
'Unlike other tutors, when you explain something it sticks in my head.'
• Ms. R - Business Studies Student from Birkbeck College:
'Haris is very keen and dedicated in his job. He explains the concepts very clearly and succinctly. He was very patient with me as English was not my first language. Haris encouraged me and helped me utilise my abilities to their fullest. He is very efficient when it comes to reaching his aims and always seeks his hardest to achieve the targets. I strongly recommend Haris to all my friends and family members.'
• Mr. A - University Statistics Student from University College London:
'The results came in. I got a first! Thank you very much.'
• Mr. R - A Level Economics Student from Edexcel Board:
'It was a pleasure to be tutored by you. It was extremely helpful. My exam went very well. I felt quite confident with it. I only wish I had called you earlier than I did and maybe started the tuition straight after my January exams. However, the help you gave me in the little time we had was brilliant.'
• Ms. G - University Accounting Student from Regent's University:
'You are my trophy tutor!'
• Mr. B - Executive MBA Student from Imperial College London:
'I would like to thank Haris for his professionalism in giving me tuition. He has been able to, in a short period of time, give me good foundations which enabled me answer the exam questions confidently. He has been very focused in guiding me through Macroeconomics and I have found his tuitions very effective. This has resulted in my top mark in the exam.'
• Mr. E - A Level Business Studies Student from AQA Board:
'We are very impressed with Haris. My son gets on very well with Haris.'
• Ms. W - A Level Economics Student from Cambridge Pre-U Board:
'Haris has been exactly what we needed for our son's revision sessions. He is an excellent teacher and has been helping our son enormously. I would highly recommend him to any student who is not 'up to scratch' with the topic. Haris achieved the 'near impossible' with our son. He made the topic so interesting that our son wants to further progress and take the subject to the next level.'
I believe personalised and result-driven approaches are essential ingredients for effective tutoring. I believe a good tutor is adaptable to both exam-oriented tutoring and tutoring for the sake of gaining knowledge. My tutoring strengths include:
• Emphasis on Past-Papers;
• Patience & Clear Explanations;
• Subject Matter Expertise.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (2017) - Associate Chartered Accountant (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Wharton Business School (2016) - Diploma in Business Analytics (Professional) (✔ On File)
- London School of Economics & Political Science (2010) - MSc International Political Economy (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Warwick (2009) - BSc Honours in Economics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||11|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||9|