An experienced,hard working, enthusiastic, caring and loving educator, who always seeks to develop professionally and who sets the development of the social skills and effective education of children aged between 2 – 9 years old as her top priority.
Vasiliki has successfully worked for 7 years in one of Cyprus’s best English Nursery Schools. During the same period she has also worked with students on one on one basis receiving excellent references in the process.
After acquiring and perfecting her skills in Cyprus, she is now looking for fresh & exciting challenges in Manchester, UK.
September 2016 - Today
Greek language teacher at the Hellenic School of Manchester
September 2009 – July 2016
Nursery school teacher at Romanos English Nursery School in Nicosia, Cyprus. Amongst others, my responsibilities included:
• Educational support for children in Preschool and Primary Education
• Preparation and organization of weekly programming based on the different needs and abilities of the children of the preschool class. This programme was then sent to the parents to keep them informed on the weekly activities.
• Application of multiple specific activities based on the nursery’s timetable in the context of the programme issued by the Ministry of Education (e.g. silent activities as well as multiple subject activities such as language education, mathematics and natural sciences). Through these activities the learning and development of children is documented in different ways such as evaluation forms, contact book and progress meetings with the parents.
• When needed, extra activities were carried out in smaller groups of children (micro-level).
• Leading role in enhancing children’s Greek language knowledge. Amongst others, created additional learning material to aid towards the Greek alphabet learning
• Leading role in the creation of the School’s Yearbook which included photos from all activities, school trips and experiences the children had.
• Finally, over the last three years actively contributed to the structure and organization of the School’s graduation ceremony by helping in poems writing and dance teaching.
Vasiliki follows a structured and well though teaching approach always tailored to the student's needs. She carefully monitors the student's progress and adjusts the teaching & homework given to help the student learn and develop his/her speaking and writing skills.
This can be witnessed by the numerous positive references she received from her past students parents which can be provided upon request
|Languages||Greek, English (British)|
|Availability||Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Cyprus||2011||Masters||Special and Inclusive Education|
|University of Cyprus||2009||Bachelors||Degree in Education|