Information About Lesley - Dagenham tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Lesley:
I'm a graduate teaching assistant and a musician who is passionate about learning and creativity.
I am an experienced teaching assistant who over the last four years have worked across the school, from EYFS through to KS2. In addition as a speech and language assistant i am experienced in assessing children who have additional needs that is hindering their learning. I am also confident and experienced in supporting mainstream children in literacy and maths at all levels.
My approach to tutoring is about creating fun and engaging sessions that suit each child’s learning style. As a tutor my philosophy is that every child can learn and everything is figure-out able! If one way doesn’t work, let’s try another and another and another! Over the years working with children i have learnt three important things: to be innovative, curious and positive. To be innovative not just because children disengage easily (get bored!) but because one size doesn’t fit all. To be curious about the child interests, triggers likes and dislikes. Finally to be positive because it provides the child with hope and self esteem which is pivotal for learning. It is also important that there is communication with the school so i am tutoring relevant topics. I provide a form with my details so the class teacher can contact me about what is being taught each term.
In regards to teaching the guitar my philosophy is along the same lines. Each person learns differently and it is important to create fun and engaging lessons. A lot of the people want to see immediate results with guitar so i teach simple techniques to achieve this.
What sets me be apart from other tutors?
• I am a full time teaching assistant
• I am also a cover supervisor so i some knowledge of whole class teaching, marking and assessment.
• I have worked with children with English as an additional language
• I have a level 1 British sign language certificate and have some knowledge of supporting deaf children
• I have worked in EYFS, KS1 and KS2 including both SATs years.
• I am a graduate
• I have good behaviour management skills
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Greenwich (2012) - 2:1 in Sociology (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)