Kerry is an accomplished drummer with over 12 years performance and writing experience. He regularly plays full kit, cajon, djembe and congas. Kerry has wide ranging experience in originals bands, function bands and recording sessions.
He also has 10 years successful teaching experience and gives constructive, creative input into his work. He enjoys being part of a team, has a strong work ethic and loves a challenge.
With a versatile background spanning Latin, Rock, Folk, Funk, Hip-Hop, Acoustic, Jazz, Metal, Punk, Indie, D&B, Electronica, Reggae, Ska and DubStep, Kerry brings a sense of innovation and fun to the projects he is part of.
Brampton Manor Academy, Beckton, London - Six years teaching drums for year 7 - 13 students
Langdon Academy, East Ham, London – One Year teaching drums for year 7 – 13 students
Warden House Primary, Deal, Kent - Teaching drums for year 6 and below
• Building confidence in all students
• Development of problem solving skills
• Development of courage and character
• Development of social and communication skills
• Developing the ability to function as a team or group
• To provide music education in a fun, engaging and accessible way
• Showing students that hard work can be fun
Education Guidance Department at the Academy Of Contemporary Music
• Supporting students with learning difficulties and Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Learning support for theory and practice
• Encouraging autonomy
Workshops on behalf of the ACM at schools and colleges around the UK
• Conducting masterclasses for groups and individuals to develop their skills in drumming, performing and song writing
• Adding value to the existing music curricula in the areas of performance, rehearsal, song writing techniques
• Giving the students a taste of what is required to be a working musician
Teaching at pop and rock school, “Clive's Easy Learn Rock and Pop School”
• Drums and performance technique for beginners
He uses a variety of teaching tools that recognise each student learns in their own unique way. Kerry currently teaches and has an in-depth knowledge of both Trinity and Rock School drum grades.
Using his experience as a working musician in a fun and engaging way during lessons, shows students that being passionate about playing an instrument and working hard to achieve their own goals with it, is extremely worthwhile.
Whether you are an absolute beginner or a professional looking to improve elements of your technique, Kerry is equipped to support your learning.
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|The Academy Of Contemporary Music||2008||Bachelors||BA Hons.|