Information About Jonathan - Bayswater tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Jonathan:
A fully qualified Physics teacher, with an academic background in Physics and Mathematics. Strong track record of obtaining improvements in results with pupils in a classroom environment.
2 years experience teaching Science to GCSE, 1 years experience teaching KS3 Mathematics. Currently teaching Physics, Astronomy and Electronics GCSEs in East London.
I teach by aiming to bring the subject to life through Socratic dialogue and applying theory to real world examples.
Tutoring from myself will have 4 parts:
1) verbal explanation including note taking, with support from diagrams and images
2) examples of applying knowledge demonstrated by myself
3) practice questions completed by pupils supported by myself
4) practice questions completed by pupils in their own time, marked by myself at the beginning of the next session, where I will work through any problems pupils had. If GCSE, pupils will be set past paper questions.
My aim is to produce a pupil who can access learning for themselves in the long run and to avoid dependence on extra subject support.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Worcester University (2015) - Science: Physics with Citizenship (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Manchester (2013) - Physics with Astrophysics (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)