Information About John - Northwich tutor
This is how 2 referees rated John:
If you're looking for a tutor for GCSE, A Level or University entrance exams for your child, I am the tutor who will offer real value for money and who is going to do something `different` to get your child properly exam ready.
Currently working as a maths teacher in an outstanding secondary school in Cheshire (8 years experience). Excellent working knowledge of the GCSE and AS/A-level syllabus and exam requirements.
My sessions are a combination of responding to your child's emerging needs from school and pursuing an agenda of 'exam readiness'. The former is simple; if your child simply needs a bit of one-to-one input to get their head around the things they couldn't quite get in the classroom, for whatever reason, then they'll find my explanations succinct, clear and to the point. The latter is where you really get value for money; we focus on
1. Absolute mastery of key examination elements, the 'staple' questions that come up in the same format year on year and on which we can rely for guaranteed marks.
2. Walking-talking mocks. The concept is simple enough, show a child how to do a paper, then have them repeat it independently, but applying the concept in the right way to the right material can yield huge benefit.
3. Exam favourites, those questions which are testing a topic your child knows and understands, but the way the question is asked or combined with another topic would otherwise throw them off. We look at how to recognise those questions and expose the simple underlying techniques where the marks can be gained.
I am a current full time maths teacher (8 years) and maths graduate with a first class degree. I am always completely up to date with all the exam requirements, the style of exam papers, the specifics of the mark schemes and the changes in the New GCSE and A level.
I will set tutees additional work outside of sessions because, frankly, going through it with a tutor and doing it entirely by yourself are not the same thing and it's too easy for children with private tutors to get a false sense of security.
I only ever take on a small handful of students at a time, so I know my students very well and everything I do is completely personalised. With me, you pay for the best.
I teach in a local secondary school and do not tutor students from that school. I will ask where your child is currently studying before agreeing to tutor them.
Note that CRB certificate and other ID/credentials available on request.
I have a small number of places available very locally i.e. Hartford/Winnington/Castle for after school (between 3.30 and 5.30) for me to travel to you. I also have one evening place available (7-8pm) tutoring from my home in Winnington.
I have young children and when tutoring from home they are in bed and my wife is always in house too.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Liverpool John Moores University (2011) - PGCE Secondary Mathematics (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of Southampton (2010) - MPhil Mathematics (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Southampton (2008) - BSc Mathematics (1st class) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)