Information About Ian - Sunderland tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Ian:
Ian offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
Currently working on a long-term supply maths contract at a Secondary school in County Durham teaching GCSE key stages 3 and 4 at both the foundation and higher curriculum.
Since being made redundant in February 2012 I have been working as a supply Maths Teacher covering Secondary Schools throughout the North East. I recently completed two long-term supply assignment teaching GCSE Foundation and Higher Maths
20 years working in Work-Based-Learning specifically witapprenticeships covering occupational areas of engineering, construction, business administration and more recently logistics and transport. I also set up a pilot program for functional skills in 2010 and with numeracy being my specialist subject I taught the functional maths element of the framework with a success rate of 85%.
January 4th 2016 contracted to July 2016
• Education Network
o Seaham School of Technology
• January – July – Long-term maths supply cover for key stage 3 and 4.
September 2012 – August 2014
• Key Stage Recruitment
o Supply/Cover Supervisor Teacher.
Maths and Business Studies main arrears of expertise although cover for all curriculum subjects. I have worked in schools through Durham, Wearside, Tyneside and Teesside covering all of the maths curriculum at key stages 3 and 4. Just completed a long-term cover assignment for GCSE Foundation and Higher Maths. Details of schools worked:-
Wolsingham Community School
• April – July – Medium/long-term maths supply cover for key stage 3 and 4.
Bydales Academy – Marske
• 2nd April – 3rd April – Maths cover for years 7,8,9,10 and 11 teaching algebra and geometry.
Priory Hurworth School SEN – Darlington
• 1st April – Maths and Science cover for SEN pupils years 8 and 9.
Unity Academy – Middleborough
• 31st March – Maths cover for years 9,10 and 11 teaching algebra and fractions.
Manor School of Technology – Hartlepool
• January 6th – 28 March – Long-term maths sick leave cover. Taught a range of classes at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. These included low ability students and Higher level GCSE. Planned and delivered lessons, set and marked homework and carried out assessments in line with departmental and school policies. Completed reports to parents. I ran revision classes for GCSE students out of school hours and attended all departmental staff meeting as required.
St. Bedes Catholic School – Peterlee
• Various dates from September 2012 to December 2013. Covered a range of classes mainly maths and science. I also invidulated exams in June and July 2013.
Park View – Chester-Le-Street
• Various dates from September 2012 to December 2013. Covered a range of classes mainly maths and IT.
January 2013 to December 2013
• AK Teaching
o Supply/Cover Supervisor Teacher.
Maths and Business Studies main arrears of expertise although cover for all curriculum subjects. I spent one week at a very challenging school in Sunderland for excluded key stage 4 pupils where managing challenging behavior was of the upmost importance.
I am available for private tutoring on an evening, weekends, and any time during schools holidays.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Newcastle College (2010) - Certificate of Education (QTS) (✘ Not On File)
- Durham University (2000) - MBA (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Nothumbria (1989) - Business Studies 2:2 (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)