5 online resources for Combined Science tutors
Combined Science, otherwise known as Double Award Science, was first brought onto the curriculum in the 1990s as a modern and integrated way to teach the Physics, Biology and Chemistry. It is now very popular with schools as it represents a timetable-friendly way to get all pupils studying Science.
There are lots of resources online that can be accessed by Combined Science tutors. Here is First Tutors' pick of the bunch to help budding scientists achieve exam success.
1. Teaching Ideas offers stacks of teaching resources for Science tutors with young pupils in need of variety. From SAT Science guides through to optical illusion games, you'll find a plethora of resources on this site.
2. The Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) was established on 1st April 1994 and is a non-departmental public body reporting to the Department of Education in Northern Ireland.
3. GCSEScience.net does exactly what it says. Bringing together science revision games, exams and worksheets, it also hosts links to science-related news stories via YouTube to provide real-life case studies to bring the subject to life.
4. The Association for Science Education has a website which is a must-visit for students of the subject at any level. Pupils aged 5-19 are catered for with a host of quizzes and learning resources.
5. First Tutors can recommend several resources to help Combined Science tutors guide their students.