Information About Lesley - Melton Mowbray teacher - (14 reviews)
This is how 5 referees rated Lesley:
I am an experienced language teacher with a PGCE and a degree in Modern Languages from Oxford University. I have also completed an MA in Linguistics, specialising in second/third language acquisition. Outside of the classroom, I enjoy travelling, reading, cooking and going to the cinema.
I have seven years of experience in teaching French and Spanish at secondary school level. I have worked in both state and private schools, and in mixed school as well as boys/girls schools. I have taught both in class and online.
Classes/subjects that I can offer:
- primary level languages, offering an introduction to the language through videos and games
- K3 French and Spanish, to equip students with the grammar, vocabulary and exam skills in preparation for GCSE
- GCSE French and Spanish - I have indepth knowledge of the courses (AQA, Edexcel, iGCSE) and the exam skills required. I can offer classes tailored to a particular skills (e.g. speaking or writing) or more general classes
- A Level French and Spanish - I have experience in teaching both AQA and Edexcel. I am able to provide tuition on the film element of the course (La Haine, Intouchables, Volver, El laberinto del fauno)
- functional French and Spanish classes for casual learners who want to communicate effectively in the language
My approach depends on the objective of my students. I try to include a variety of activities to cover the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, to ensure that progress is made across all skills areas. For students wishing to learn a language for academic purposes, I obviously also include grammar and vocabulary. For students who are more interested in functional language skills, my main focus is on communication via speaking, and using authentic resources to prepare them for life/holidays in a foreign country.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Toulouse University (2019) - MA Linguistics (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Roehampton University (2013) - PGCE Modern Languages (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Department for Education (2013) - QTS (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Oxford University (2008) - BA Modern Languages & Linguistics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||14|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
Lesley has structured the sessions according to areas that need the most work, including topics from year 9 that need further revision. We're thrilled with the progress so far!
My son has had several online lessons with her so far, she is always well prepared and makes a good and effective use of the 1 hour.
Following the lesson, Lesley always sends through some material straightaway for her student to practice and reinforce the knowledge acquired. I will highly recommend Lesley to anyone who wants to learn or improve French.
Helps my son a lot on his French study
Lesley’s lessons are structured and she is very organised. Provides materials and useful learning links to help. Thank you Lesley
She has/is helping my daughter with her A-level and has given her confidence in area's she was lacking.