Information About Samia - Haringey teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Samia:
- The London Evening Standard
- The Guardian
- The Independent
- University of the Arts London, London College of Communication: MA Photojournalism and Documentary Photography
- University for the Creative Arts: BA Contemporary Photographic Practice
- Maryland Institute College of Art: BA semester abroad
- University of the Arts London, London College of Communication: Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- City and Islington Sixth Form College: A Level Photography, Fine Art, English Literature
- Regents High: GCSE Art and Design, Textiles, Graphic Design (+7 more non-arts subjects)
- HRH The Duke of Cambridge, Kensington Palace
- MP Jeremy Corbyn
- **Contact Detail Removed**
- The ESI Group
- Amnesty International
- Danni Minogue
- Thomasina Miers
- Voluntary Services Overseas
- Anne Freud Centre
- Magic Me
- The Smile Brigade
Member of the London Creative Network.
I've had a 5 group exhibits and a solo one in London.
I've been a photographer working within the industry in London for 15 years.
I have been an active private tutor for the past 4 years alongside running my own photography business. I’m experienced in advising on photographic business too. Teaching via Zoom & Skype available.
I have worked 1:1 with children, teenager, middle-aged folks and retired folks.
I have also work with a charity to delivery photography sessions to groups of primary school children aged 6-8 years old. And to groups in retirement homes, as well as a mixture of both.
Here are my testimonials:
“You are such a star and we are very lucky to have you teaching Isabelle!” - Vanessa L. (student aged 15, begun working together when she was age 13)
“You bring so much with you when you come to sessions - your enthusiasm, creativity and ideas and they are greatly appreciated.” - Mandy H. (student aged 14, they were 12 when I started teaching them)
“I am so touched by your enthusiasm about my website. It’s been a very helpful focus, an absorbing retreat from the anxieties and tensions generated by the Corona crisis. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the skills I have learned from you. I have had some really appreciative feedback from friends and I have, of course, told them about the help you have given me. I am already thinking about another page for it. It feels great to have an ongoing creative project.” - Mary E. (client aged 64)
“Samia has worked both as a photographer and as a supporter on Magic Me’s intergenerational project at Rochester Court Sheltered Housing scheme, supporting children and older adults to take part in creative activities including film-making, puppetry and writing/storytelling. Samia was fantastic to have on the project; she was sensitive and responsive to participants’ needs and conscientious throughout. Samia is thoughtful and approachable in all her interactions and built good relationships with participants of all ages from 8 – 80+.” - Catherine C. Project Manager @ Magic Me Non-Profit
Many describe my way of teaching as mentoring, due to my friendly and empathetic nature.
I teach at the pace suited to each individual. I tailor all lessons to each individuals needs. If you need help getting through a GCSE or A Level, I can help you pass with great results. I can also help you with your degree or if you want to learn for fun, I can help with personal development at your own pace and style.
My sessions are usually in 2hour blocks as I find this provides the best results.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- University of the Arts London (2017) - MA Photojournalism and Documentary Photography (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University for the Creative Arts (2013) - BA Contemporary Photographic Practice (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Maryland Institute College of Art (2011) - BA Semester Abroad (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- University of the Arts London (2009) - Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (Other) (✘ Not On File)