Information About James - Banstead teacher
This is how 2 referees rated James:
Acting / Drama
Qualified Photographer and Designer
I have been trained in Stage and Screen Acting
BA (Hons) Design, NDip Photography, NDip Art and Design
I am an experience professional in the areas of Photography, Marketing, Graphic Design and Website Design.
I deliver learning in a way that will best equip you/the proposed student to be self-confident and competent with the necessary skills in which to grow.
I am self-employed with an extensive skill-base (which makes my availability flexible).
I am personable, friendly and patient. I take great care with all my work, so you get the very best learning experience from your investment in these lessons.
Having been in industry for over 15 years, I have developed specific experience and abilities in helping improve individuals skill-base and confidence. Whether it is Presentation, Performance, Photography or Design you wish to learn or improve on.
I am a Professional Cinematographer, Director, Photographer and Marketing and Design Psychologist, consulting for small and large businesses. My work includes equipping my clients and increasing their skill base to manage and produce much of the marketing content and strategies I advise and mentor in.
I have a Degree in Design and Diplomas in Photography and Art and Design.
I was a tutor at Carshalton College for a time.
I’ve coached Acting for Productions
Which skills are you interested in learning?
Drawing (Artistic or Conceptual)
Photography skills covered (All ages and abilities):
- Camera craft (Digital or Film)
- Understanding exposure
- The appropriate use of depth-of-field
- Flash photography
- The art of composition
- Editing and managing your digital photographs with your computer
- Colour balancing
- Photo-retouching with Photoshop (or another photo enhancement software)
Drawing skills covered (All ages and abilities):
I am an experienced designer, so the ability to draw to represent conceptual ideas is crucial for presentation and at times illustration. All the applied drawing skills and principles will be included in the lessons.
- The stage by stage approach to accurate drawing
- Conceptual drawing skills to represent your ideas
- Understanding and applying the principles of form, tone, perspective, and depth
- Artistic drawing
Acting/Drama (over 20 years experience in amateur dramatics)
- Learning lines
- Stage presence
- The ability to project your voice
Experience in Stage and Screen Acting
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Sutton College of Learning for Adults (2004) - Introduction to Delivering Learning - Level 3 (College) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Wales College, Newport (1996) - (Hons) Design (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Hastings College of Art and Design (1993) - National Diplomain Foundation Studiesin Art and Design (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Brighton College of Art and Technology (1992) - National Diploma in Photography (College) (✘ Not On File)