Information About Arina - Haringey teacher - (12 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Arina:
Hello, my name is Arina and I am a qualified art teacher and a practising artist. I started teaching art in 2005. I worked across three different countries: Russia, Australia and the UK. Exploring art making and art history is truly a magical journey that can take you to places where you can discover your skills and talents. I studied classical art techniques, such as painting, drawing and sculpting in Russia, and then I moved to Australia to explore contemporary art. Then I reached a point in my creative career when I felt a strong urge to share. I got interested in relational art and socially engaged practice. This is when I really started sharing my views about art with my students, mentees and friends. As a teacher, I invite students to step into the world of Fine Arts.
- Teaching contemporary styles such as collage, cubism, abstract expressionism and conceptual art to students aged 12 - 18 at International House Ellesmere, UK in 2019.
- Teaching academic writing and research skills to undergraduate, honours and masters students who specialise in creative subjects, such as Fine Arts and Interior Design, Australia and UK, 2016 - current
- Teaching art to ESL learners aged 14 - 18, focusing on developing digital skills and their application in Fine Arts, Chatswood Intensive English Centre, Australia, 2017.
- Teaching art making and art history to teenagers, aged 12 - 17, Marrickville High School, Australia, 2017 - 2018.
- Teaching art making to teenagers with special needs, Marrickville High School, Australia, 2017 - 2018.
Making art is often tied up with the influences from our immediate environment, and in our lessons we will draw on references from the physical and psychological spaces where we find ourselves right now.
The aim of our lessons will be to immerse ourselves into a variety of techniques, art movements, and ways to generate ideas. I have plenty of art historical material that will help to deepen the knowledge of the art field. The lessons will also focus on developing a signature style of a student, which is very important if the student wants to reach a wider audience with his or her art.
I teach both face-to-face and online.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Australian Catholic University (2015) - Graduate Diploma in Education (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of New South Wales (2014) - Bachelor of Fine Arts (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- TAFE NSW St George (2012) - Diploma in Fine Arts (College) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||12|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
as less familiar with the GCSE syllabus we were not able to take this forward. Her strengths lie in higher level English tuition and she is excellent in that domain.
Helping to plan an essay
Bringing information together
Giving advice/making suggestions on drafts
She is a very engaged smart person who puts in the extra effort.
I'm grateful for meeting her.