Information About Eliana
This is how 2 referees rated Eliana:
Hello! I am currently a second-year Life Science student at the University of Toronto with a 3.95 GPA and full scholarship. I also hold a research position through the Laidlaw Scholars Program and have guest lectured for a first-year psychology class. In high school, I completed the Gifted Program and completed many pre-AP and AP courses, including physics, biology, chemistry, math, and English. I am fairly involved in extracurricular activities as well. Most notably, I chair a non-profit called Viability Employment Services which supports neurodivergent individuals in accessing gainful employment and leadership opportunities, chair an inclusion club at Trinity College. In high school was an executive member of my school's Classics Club for 3 years, played the role of president of our school's HOSA chapter for 2 years, and co-chair my school's Best Buddies chapter. I also have extensive experience working with children and individuals with disabilities. My full resume is available upon request.
- Guest lectured at the University of Toronto on autism and neurodiversity in the current context
- Served as guest speaker for Laidlaw Foundation and DefineYouth Conference
- Developed curriculum and facilitated leadership program for youth with disabilities
- Privately tutored four students every one-to-two weeks for two years
- Lead weekly art activities for autistic youth
- Administered lesson on mental health to various ESL adult classes across Markham
- Taught Latin vocabulary and etymology to a group of students in preparation for an annual conference
After working with such a dynamic range of individuals, I recognize that there is no one correct approach to tutoring. My tutoring style will change to meet the distinct needs of the individual, and my lesson plans (if applicable) will serve to reflect that. For example, if a child has trouble sitting still and keeping focus, I incorporate a hands-on or kinetic activity, such as role-playing or a laboratory experiment. However, I always aim to incorporate leading evidence-based strategies that have been scientifically proven to facilitate better learning outcomes. Some examples of this include connecting content to real-world scenarios and events relevant to the individual, using testing as a strategy, and instructing the student to teach the concept back to me post-instruction. I am also always more than happy to make accommodations to help students thrive and succeed!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Greek, Latin
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- City of Markham (2014) - High Five Healthy Child Development (Other) (✔ On File)
- City of Markham (2014) - Leadership Course (Other) (✔ On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||3|
|Positive Feedback Provided:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|