Press Coverage and Awards
We understand that finding a tutor online can be a daunting prospect. We hope that the following press coverage, recommendations and awards will help to show you that we are a great website from which to source or register as a tutor. Journalists, please contact us here.
- The Daily Mail/This is Money ran an advice piece on whether it is worth getting a tutor.
- The Sunday Times ran a story on the increase in demand for private tuition in Scotland, also debated up by The Scotsman and The Herald.
- TES highlights the numbers of teachers leaving the classroom to become tutors.
2015 and 2014
- We're featured in The Telegraph as part of their debate on which is better value; private schooling or state schooling plus tutoring? We also advised Telegraph readers on what to look for in a good tutor and featured as a recommended website to find work as a private tutor.
- The Daily Mail also featured us in their piece on quality part-time work.
- We have featured across the national and regional press for over a decade. Here are a few of our favourites:
- BBC News interviewed Anita Lee, Director at First Tutors: Canada for a piece on on 11+ entrance tuition. For parents with particular concerns about these exams, we're also in this useful advice piece in The Telegraph.
- ITV National News cited our research on the average cost of tutoring, as has The Independent.
- On the topic of undergraduate tuition, we've given interviews to the BBC and The Guardian regarding the increase in demand for private tuition from undergraduates.
- The Daily Telegraph featured one of our clients in a seasonal piece about private tuition and the trend for online tuition.
- On the topic of homeworking, The Guardian recommended tutoring as an excellent way to earn a little extra from home and recommended First Tutors: Canada as a good place to start. We also featured in their Home Business Innovation showcase.
- We gave advice on the right frequency of tuition in The Independent.
- Finally, we've commented on the use of tutors in schools in this Guardian piece.
First Tutors: Canada has been fortunate enough to win or be finalists for several business awards.
- Education Investor Supplementary Education Provider of the Year (we've won and been nominated as a finalist several times in this category).
- Dedipower Sunday Telegraph Digital Awards (national finalists)
- Working Mum Awards - Best SME (national finalists)
- Big Chip Awards - Best eBusiness (winners)
First Tutors: Canada is Canada's newest and most comprehensive online tutor-finding network, where private tutors offering private tuition and home tutoring across Canada can promote themselves for free through online profiles. These profiles display the tutors' credentials, any references/Criminal Background Checks they have available, and the feedback tutors have received from previous/current clients. As such these profiles offer the tutor an excellent facility to introduce themselves to prospective students and parents. First Tutors are the UK's leading online tutor-matching service, and hope to extend our reputation across Canada.
We recruit tutors for all age groups - from kindergarten to elementary, secondary school to university - and for a broad range of academic subjects from Math, English and the Sciences to more niche subjects, such as business or art. We aim to have a number of tutors available for every discipline to allow patrons more freedom of choice.
In 2005 First Tutors was launched in the UK and has since enjoyed wide-spread popularity and international growth. The website has featured in publications such as The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail, Cambridge Evening News, Enterprise Nation, Mumzone, Education Today, The Good Schools Guide and on BBC Breakfast television, BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, and several more.
Any media inquiries are welcome, and First Tutors: Canada can be contacted below. Anita Moss (co-founder) has given seminars and interviews on young entrepreneurship, women in business, running a small business and, of course, home tuition and private tutoring. She would be delighted to provide an industry comment or help with case studies.
Prefer calling? Please do so on: 561998234844+ and leave a message - we'll get back to you quickly!