Information About Yuan - Bloomsbury teacher
This is how a referee rated Yuan:
I am a native Mandarin speaker from Beijing, China. I have been teaching TOEFL for three years in China’s No.1 language training provider. I am majoring English Linguistics MA at UCL, so if anyone who needs English coaching, especially grammar, TOEFL or Mandarin Chinese. Please do not hesitate to contact.
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc, Beijing:
TOEFL Listening teacher & Teacher coordinator - Aug 2018 to Sept 2021
• Taught students aged 7-17 one-on-one classes or lectures with materials of TOEFL listening & On My Way to English (textbook) & KET/PET/FCE both online and offline
• Collected and analyzed data to determine areas of need and assisted in providing support in TOEFL listening group improvement planning
• Conducted needs assessments, developed improvement plans, coordinated program initiatives, and evaluated student proficiency and program effectiveness.
• Delivered consultancy of admission requirements of high schools in the US & the UK and developed improvement plans of standardized tests, eg: TOEFL; SSAT, IGCSE.
• Communicated performance data, improvement plans, mock test analysis and program activities to students and parents.
• Analytic Teaching: A method of monitoring and evaluating students’ literacy progress that recognizes, respects, and appreciates the students’ abilities.
• Deductive Teaching: A didactic style of instruction in which a teacher presents a generality or rule with the expectation that students will apply it to specific scenarios.
• Direct Approach: A method of teaching thinking skills in which the skill is presented and then examples of its use are given.
• Readiness Training: Instruction that equips students with foundational skills and background knowledge to prepare them for subsequent formal teaching.
• Guided Comprehension Model: An instruction process based on explaining, demonstrating, guiding, practicing, and reflecting that can scaffold comprehension.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- UCL (2021) - English Linguistics (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- BGD (2016) - English language and Literature (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)