Information About Theodore - Cambridge teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Theodore:
• Hello! My name is Theodore. I am a 19-year-old second year undergraduate student and junior scholar at Trinity College, Cambridge. I am studying Modern and Medieval languages, specialising in Spanish and Italian.
• I have a British father and French mother, which means I was raised bilingual, and therefore have a passion for languages and the history and culture of the countries where they are spoken.
• I would love to become a teacher upon graduating, and have always enjoyed helping others reach their goals, which is why I am tutoring!
I worked as both a drama and sports teacher at local primary schools during my time in sixth form, teaching children of all ages how to improve in their respective fields, and most importantly, teaching them about enjoying this process of improvement.
• This year, I completed the Teach First Undergraduate Student Taster Course, learning more about the values of teaching, such as respect, empathy, resilience and motivation, as well as
the best ways to teach a lesson and the everyday challenges faced by teachers and students in the British education system.
• I am currently an Ambassador for my University College and am also a Mentor at the University – in both of these outreach positions, I help children from all backgrounds to better their chances at getting into a good university, through improving their interaction skills, helping them with their subject choices and working on their personal statement.
• I want to do everything I can to help students reach their goals through motivation, resilience, and tailored advice. My aim is to give them the tools to reach their untapped potential.
• I believe in self and mutual evaluation & reflection on both sides – both the students and the tutor should be reflecting on how best to improve before the next session, creating an environment of self and mutual betterment that produces the best conditions for the best possible results.
• I also believe being a tutor and teacher is not just about getting results, but also about creating the best possible environment for the student – as such, I will always be there to listen to and to support anybody I interact with, doing my very best to ensure that their physical and mental wellbeing is being looked after.
• I want students I work with to enjoy learning, because it is much easier to do better and to reap the benefits from working hard and obtaining better results when you have the desire, motivation and determination to do so.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Cambridge University (2021) - 1st class honours in Spanish and Italian in First Year Examinations and awarded Junior Scholarship. (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Harrow School (2020) - 5 A* (A-Level) (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Harrow School (2018) - 12 A* (GCSE) (School) (✘ Not On File)