Information About Taylor - Southwark teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Taylor:
Hi, I'm Taylor and I hold a PGCE, an MA, a BA, 2 years experience as a full-time lecturer and over 2 years experience as a personal tutor, but more of that below!
I'm 28 and work, by day, in film and television distribution. Film is my first love but I am passionate about education and about using mine to help others succeed in building their own.
My particular areas of strength are:
* Film and television studies
* Media theory and production
* English literature
Although I am flexible with regards to the subject.
On a more personal level I have a great many interests and these include:
* Sports and fitness - I cycle and run a lot (most recently I ran the Coventry Half Marathon) and frequent the gym around 6 times per week. It is also my intention to enrol onto a BSc Sports Science degree in the near future.
* Music - I play guitar and up until recently had played in an indie rock band for 5 years.
* Travel, arts and culture - I am perpetually fascinated by all things 'Japan' although my appreciation of culture in general extends well beyond this.
* Cooking - I have a particular penchant for baking but take delight in the culinary arts altogether.
I am an open and honest individual with a high degree of motivation, inquisitiveness and enthusiasm and greatly look forward to working with you and/or your child.
Please don't hesitate to drop me a line should you have any specific questions.
Thanks a lot for your time,
Prior to returning to university to complete my masters I spent 2 years as a full-time college lecturer. As a full-time lecturer in Creative Media Production I worked as a member of a small team guiding learners through a large variety of different media disciplines such as short film production, media theory and documentary production. In the last round of observations my teaching practice was graded 'Outstanding'.
In this role my responsibilities included:
• Co-leading the Level 3 in Creative Media Production team and course in achieving 100% success rates
• Producing educational material for use by team members in multiple topics including 'Short Film Production' and 'Advertising Production'
• Delivering 20 hours of lessons per week to 60+ learners across multiple courses for topics including 'Scriptwriting', 'Documentary Production', 'Radio Production' and film and media theory/history
• Examination and analysis of coursework in relation to official grading criteria
The approach that I have found to be the most rewarding has typically been very Humanist. That is to say that I place an emphasis on the learner's journey to self-actualisation by promoting their own sense of achievement, accomplishment of their set goals and enthusiasm for the given subject. However this approach is not exclusive, just as each learner is individual, and so the most important consideration of my approach to teaching is my understanding that effective learning has no prescribed path. As such my approach to tutoring is adaptive and fluid
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Warwick (2014) - Film and Television Studies (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Bedfordshire (2013) - Professional Graduate Certificate in Post-compulsory Education (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Coventry University (2010) - Creative Media Production (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)