Information About Susan - Liverpool teacher - (23 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Susan:
|Price Guide||Online Lessons|
Hi I am a professional qualified teacher. I thoroughly enjoy the subjects I teach. I have 15+ experience with businesses and students both here in the UK and internationally in Hawaii, Spain and South America. I have taught, Spanish for Education Authorities , teaching agencies and Universities. ESL, TEFL, GCSE English and A Level Spanish both for businesses such as Jaguar and Adult Education Centres. I use CD's Skype, DVD's, films , podcasts, U Tube. Each class has a worksheet practice , speaking and writing practice. You contribute your ideas to develop your learning . I coach you to achieve and succeed. You learn with confidence. Good knowledge of the AQA, Welsh and Excel exam boards. 32015 GCSE and A level students achieved A' grades
Teaching for15+ many year now . I love my job and the personal attention I can give my students, I thoroughly enjoy the subjects I teach and I have plenty of experience. I teach both in school and business. both here in the UK and internationally in Hawaii, Spain and South America. I have a BSc/BA in Spanish , English and Art History with the Open University, CELTA, TEFL, 7307, 7303/4 and a Cert. Ed. I teach large companies such as Jaguar and Arriva buses who still call upon my expertise and knowledge. Having worked in Colombia for nearly 7 years as a community development worker. My specialist areas working : NGO's and businesses Life experience 6 years teaching community development in South America. I have helped shoe companies in Colombia learn business English for conferences and restaurant chains staff here in the uk improve their customer service English. Last year 3 off my GCSE Spanish got B's and A*. One I helped
I Listen to want you require and create a language programme to suit. I use Skype, the Internet, websites, Interactive games , CD's DVD's and TV programmes, course books and on line materials. Regular testing and progression reports given. Just to give clarity to my pricing £20.00 for Beginners English ESOL or ESL is at my home . If I travel to you it's £25.00. Higher level may be more. Group bookings and term packages will give your a discount eg over 10 sessions. or 2/3 people.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Open University (2012) - BA/ Bsc (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Liverpool COmmunity College (2006) - CELTA/ 7307/ Cert Ed/ (College) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||23|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|
The atmosphere is relaxed which helps with the learning process.
In the beginning when she let me buy the wrong book I got bad feeling. I gave her a chance
As English tutor I can't recommend her at all.
She ignored constantly my questions instead giving me answers like I will it explain in an other hour. She even does a lot of spelling mistakes.
She didn't seem qualified at all. Probably it is the reason why her qualifications weren't approved by firsttutors.
She is a nice and funny person. Most time of our lesson she talked about her life and her hard life. Interesting not helpful.
She was very cheeky as well and asked for a positive review.
Hopefully she take this feedback serious and starts finally genuinely helping their students.
1. You commented at the end of both classes you that had enjoyed them. You then booked your next session and at no stage said you were unhappy. Please in the future be clear and honest with your next tutor. I care deeply about all my students and would never treat people in the way you have described.
You were given the latest additions of the books which are recognised internationally as practice IELTS. exam books.
2. After the first class, you mentioned you had enjoyed it and booked in your second class.
3. You mentioned you felt ‘ignored’ … This is totally not true . I took extra time, and I always do when you are a new client to help you settle because you said you were struggling with the grammar. I gave you extra time to finish your exam . We went over each question and you actually obtained a good score for your first time.
Your received careful and clear explanations… Additionally a fuller explanation was given at the end of the class with a grammar link to support your learning. At no stage did I say I will leave everything till last. I always back up my points with examples and then give extra links to reinforce your learning so you can spend time yourself going over things in your own time. To give a score of 1 is unfounded. You were given plenty of support and reinforcement with extra materials sent to you outside of your class time.
4.I have all my teaching certificates and my English Hons degree certificates certified by First Tutors
. I have been teaching for some 20 plus years and tutoring for longer.
5. You wanted to talk about your family and life, so to build rapport I mentioned some of my family info.
6. You mentioned I had ADHD ( which has kindly been removed by First Tutors) this is again untrue and frankly bizarre as ironically I teach and help support students with special needs with DSA packages at at various universiities in the UK.
I run my own business and provide education **Contact Detail Removed** internationally to independent schools.
4.The remarks you have made are untrue and unjustified. You only had 2 lessons