Information About Oliver - Hinckley teacher
This is how a referee rated Oliver:
Keen traveller and language lover with a love of music, art and social interaction. Fluent in Spanish after living in Spain for many years and successfully building a life here. Now it's my desire to share my language abilities with others who also desire it!
- Over 2 years experience teaching English to Spanish students in Spain and teaching Spanish to English students in the UK
- Experience teaching Children English in academies in Granada, Spain
- Over 2 years teaching Spanish online to students, primarily via skype.
- Experience teaching English with online companies (For example: Say ABC)
My teaching style is fun, inviting and friendly. I never discourage or force - creating an open space to make mistakes and grow, however I'm not afraid to challenge students to think and act for themselves.
I can play an active-teaching role by guiding activities and class topics, but also firmly believe in the importance of allowing students to guide conversations and topics and think outside the box.
Expect a lot of very visual learning with props and hand gestures, but also a range of teaching methods/ styles, for example:
- Visual - Use of whiteboard to write/ spell out word and draw a picture/ or use a picture.
- Auditory - Pronouncing word slowly and making students repeat multiple times and progressively say faster -
and to stress intonation and feel of the word.
- Kinesthetic - Act out word/ action of word and make students imitate or perhaps ask them to draw a picture of the word. A suitable prop can be used here.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- TEFL (2019) - 120 Advanced TEFL course (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Brighton (2017) - Bsc hons Geology (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)