Information About Mohamed - City of London teacher - (14 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Mohamed:
*PLEASE READ TO THE END BEFORE CONTACTING ME*
**BY THE GRACE OF ALLAH, I CAN TEACH YOUR 4-YEAR-OLD CHILD HOW TO CORRECTLY READ AND WRITE ARABIC BEFORE THEY TURN 5, ALHAMDULILLAH**
****I AM ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE LESSONS AT THE MOMENT****
***ARABIC TUTORING COURSE AVAILABLE FOR NEW TUTORS***
**FOUNDATION OF READING AND WRITING 10-LESSON COURSE AVAILABLE**
****WILL HELP YOU / YOUR CHILD BUILD A VERY STRONG FOUNDATION IN ARABIC IN SHA ALLAH****
I am an Egyptian, born in Saudi, and have a degree in Engineering from a British university. I have been teaching for approximately 10 years, and I am currently the director of ******* Tuition for the teaching of Quran and Arabic.
I studied Arabic Literature, Poetry, Grammar and Rhetoric in Egypt and Saudi Arabia for many years. I tutor students to help them prepare for exams but I also do all other levels from beginner to advanced.
I specialise in teaching children and will help (by Allah's permission) your child to have a very strong foundation in the language to enable him to read, write and speak as well as recite the Quran correctly as a native Arabic speaker.
I love to see my students progressing every lesson, and alhamdulillah some of those students are as young as 4, may Allah bless them and their parents.
- Have been teaching since 2011.
- Have been teaching weekend groups (small classes) for 4 years.
- Worked as a madrasah (Arabic/Islamic school) supervisor for 2 years.
- Tutored university students from Westminster University and SOAS.
- Helped an Arabic literature student from Oxford University.
- Supported GCSE classes in Paddington Academy.
- Have been doing translation work since 2011.
- Provided live translation in a number of events and Islamic gatherings.
- Tutored a large number of students of all different levels, skills and backgrounds.
- Taught Arabic for International Baccalaureate (IB), and A-Level Arabic.
- I have taught and still teach a number of children with learning difficulties and Special Educational Needs (SEN) including Global Delay.
SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED COURSES IN:
- Teacher Training.
- Marking and Planning.
- Behaviour Management.
- Dyslexia with BDA (King's College).
- I don’t just teach reading. I teach reading and writing. When you learn a second language you don't learn to read without learning to write. This is part of the reason why many students struggle with similar letters such as :
د and ض
ذ and ز
ذ and ظ
س and ص
ع and ء
ح and هـ
غ and خ
ك and ق
ت and ط
ث and س
- For beginners, it takes the following number of months to complete the foundation of reading and writing where the student is able to read independently and write by spelling out the words (not copying) … 3-4 year olds : about 9-12 months
5-6 year olds : about 6 months
7-9 year olds : about 4-5 months
10-15 year olds : about 3-4 months
Adults : about 2-3 months
(This applies to online lessons as well but it may take just a few extra weeks to reach the same level)
- I usually divide my lesson into two parts, the first part is for revising the previous work, and the second is for the new topic. Reading, Listening, Writing & Speaking activities are all covered.
- New vocabularies are recorded and sent to the student's parent for home practice and to perfect pronunciation.
- Listening to the recordings I send the students is a vital part of the learning process.
- Please do not get your child to repeat after you when learning new words or new surahs. Only use the recordings I provide you.
- I do not move onto the next topic before the students understand the current topic very well.
- Some students, depending on their level, are given story books to practise their reading in their own time.
- Please help me to help your child by making sure s/he complete their 5-10minute-a-day homework.
SUBJECTS TAUGHT :
SYLLABUS & BOOKS :
- The Key to Arabic / Gateway to Arabic.
- Al-Madinah Books.
- Al-Arabyyiatu Bayna Yadayka.
- Talk With Me + Short Stories (Pre-GCSE)
- The New GCSE Arabic Companion + Arabic Speaking Companion (GCSE).
- The Arabic Season + your chosen novel (A-level).
Reading practice for elementary levels :
- Nelson Thornes books.
- Collins Big Cat series.
- Other Arabic story books from Egypt and Saudi.
PRICES (Home Tuition) :
- £30 per hour.
- £55 for 2 hours.
PRICES (Online Lessons):
- £25 per hour.
- £50 for 2 hours.
- I usually use Zoom.
- Materials are screen-shared with the students.
- Worksheets are posted to you (You don't need to pay for this). No sheets emailed.
- Homework and recordings are sent to you on WhatsApp.
- Payments will need to be sent half way through the lesson. Please plan ahead to make sure this is done.
CANCELLATION POLICY :
- Cancelled lessons will need to be re-scheduled.
- If you repeatedly cancel the lessons, you will be politely asked to find another tutor.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING :
- I am DBS (CRB) certified.
- I usually test the students every lesson on the previous topic.
- Please get an A4 wide lined notebook, a pencil, and a rubber for the lessons.
- All books, worksheets provided, pens and other stationary need to be prepared before the lessons. No time should be wasted sharpening pencils and looking for books etc.
- If I am not available for the day and time that suit you, you could join my waiting list.
- I can travel anywhere in London if the journey takes up to 1 hour 15 min maximum.
- If you don't want my service at any point, you must give me a 14-day notice prior to the last lesson.
- I teach boys of any age, and girls up to 11 years of age only.
- Only contact me if you are a serious parent / student.
ALL THE STUDENT HAS TO DO IS THE HOMEWORK I SET, AND I GUARANTEE IMPRESSIVE PROGRESS.
Please get in touch if you have any query.
I wish you all successful tutoring and high grades :)
Thank You :)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- London South Bank University (2014) - Petroleum Engineering (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Al-Hassan (2006) - Arabic Literature (School) (✔ On File)
- Al-Hassan (2006) - Arabic Grammar (School) (✔ On File)
- Al-Hassan (2005) - Natural Science (School) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||14|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|
I would recommend him as a teacher Allhundulliah.
I have felt my confidence with the Arabic language greatly improve and would highly recommend his service.