Information About Maria - Forest Row teacher - (2 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Maria:
As a person I am creative, enthusiastic, calm and patient. I love teaching, dancing, telling stories and writing stories.
Msc in Computational Linguistics. Postgraduate Degree in “Language Technologies”
BA in Philology and Greek Literature, specialization in Linguistics, Qualified Teacher Certificate.
Skills and Competencies:
1. ECDL (European Computer Driving License). Competent with all Microsoft Office programmes.
2. English Language Competency (Certificate: Proficiency).
3. Italian Language Competency (Certificate: CELI 4).
4. Graduate of the 3 months course “The Heart and Craft of the Storyteller”, ISOS, Emerson College. School Director: Roi Gal-Or.
5. Graduate of the Storytelling School in Greece (2 year course). School Director: Giorgos Evgenikos.
6. Graduate of “Playing through Theater” (3 years course) at School of Playing-Center for cultural groupwork. School Director: Mando Kouretzi.
7. Latin & Ballroom Dance Certificate (American System).
I currently work as a teaching assistant in a special needs school, with children with learning difficulties, mental and behavior issues.
In Greece I have worked 8 years as a home tutor to support and help Greek primary and high school students with their lessons.
I was a scientific collaborator (5 years) in the Institute for Language and Speech Processing / “Athena” - Research and Innovation Centre in Information, Communication and Knowledge Technologies (ILSP/R.C. “Athena”), Department of Electronic Lexicography and Language Resources.
I have also worked as a Latin and Ballroom dance teacher to adults (5 years) and as a movement teacher to toddles and infants (6 years).
Since 2010 I collaborate with one of the best Greek publishing houses, as a text editor of Greek books.
I am a storyteller, doing performances in both languages, Greek and English, and I have just published a book in Greek with folk tales around the theme of Beauty and Ugliness.
My aim is my students to be content and satisfied with their progress, therefore my lessons adjust to their individual needs and their learning rhythm. I want my lessons do be enjoyable and pleasant, therefore I always seek of creative ways to teach.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Institutes in collaboration: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), Faculty of Philology, Department of Linguistics, and National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Division of Control Sys (2008) - Msc in Computational Linguistics. Postgraduate Degree in “Language Technologies” (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Linguistics. (2002) - BA in Philology and Greek Literature, specialization in Linguistics, Qualified Teacher Certificate (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||2|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
I am very proud of you and of all my students! We can do this! :-)