Information About Hemananda - Lewisham teacher - (47 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Hemananda:
Mr. Hemananda (Ravi)
Masters in Business Administration (General) | BSc (Hons.) in Information Technology | Diploma in Information Systems |
Certified Information Security Professional – Very Good Award (ISO 27001), 2009 |
Certified Information Security Professional – Outstanding Award (ISO/IEC 27001), 2013
Being bilingual gives me the possibility to teach the English and French Languages. I'm also a part time freelance writer.
My hobbies include:
- Swimming, trekking and reading
- Playing snooker, soccer and petanque
- Practising Reiki, Yoga, Breathing Therapy and Meditation
I have been offering private tuitions since 2001 for a side income as well as for charity purposes. My students were:
1. Primary students (Mathematics, English, French, Computer Studies/IT)
2. Secondary students (Mathematics, English, French, Statistics, Accounting, Economics, Computer Studies/IT)
3. Tertiary students (Mathematics, English, French, Accounting, Computer Studies/IT), including British Computer Society (BCS) students
Every new batch of tuition starts with getting to know more about the students. It is at the same time important to give the students enough space to familiarise themselves with me. A discussion will then follow to scope down what will be covered in the syllabus. A work plan is also devised with the aim to complete the syllabus well before the examinations, so as to have adequate time for revision. The following steps outline the process of each tuition session:
1. Initiate the subject or topic based on discussion of a real life example / scenario
2. Introduce the theoretical part of the subject or topic
3. Explain how the theory links to the real life example / scenario
4. Work out and explain some examples
5. Immediate evaluation of student's understanding through questions and answers
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until satisfactory response of the student (steps 1, 2 and 3 may also be repeated if required)
7. Give homework and a brief discussion on what will be covered in the next tuition session
Note: Each tuition session starts with the correction of the previous session's homework and explanation of any problem areas, including a summing up of what was covered in the previous tuition session.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Management College of South-Africa (2013) - Masters in Business Administration (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- STQC Directorate - Department of Information Technology - Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, New Delhi India (2013) - Certified Information Security Professional – Outstanding Award (ISO/IEC 27001) (Professional) (2013) - Certified Information Security Professional (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Mauritius (2003) - Bachelor in Information Technology (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Swami Dayanand Institute of Management - Affiliate of TAFE University in Australia (2000) - Diploma in Information Systems (Other) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||47|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
The primary objective was to "develop interest" and I have no hesitation in saying that Hemananda has managed to achieve that objective over last 2 months. Hemananda's tailored approach to suit his style of understanding with real life examples has been outstanding. His patience and guidance gave my son so much confidence and changed his perspective about the subject.
After every lesson my son says "It's interesting, easy".
Hemananda is very professional and prompt in his responses and provides regular updates after every lesson. I'm so delighted to have him as my son's tutor for computer science. Thanks Ravi!
He is knowledgable and very helpful. We are very grateful for his help.
As I have a very busy schedule, I requested that he arrive at my residence at 8 am on weekend mornings. The fact that he has always been punctual despite the early morning starts exemplifies his professionalism.
Hemanada has a very organised and methodical style of tutoring.
He made me feel really confident going in to exams.
Will surely definitely his services again.
With best regards,
Many thanks for the positive feedback.
I recommend this tutors
Thank you so much.
I would like to thank you very much for the positive feedback.