Information About Hazel - Cranbrook teacher - (31 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Hazel:
Hazel offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
I recently finished a PhD in Portuguese at the University of Cambridge, and have extensive tutoring experience.
Teaching online provides a great opportunity to make lessons really engaging and productive by using visuals, sound and interactivity. I use the internet to teach Maths, English and foreign languages to students aged from 6 to 60+.
I love teaching - helping my students improve, and making sure it's as fun and interesting as possible for them. As well as tutoring, I lecture, supervise and mark exams at the University of Cambridge.
I'm a published educational author:
- in 2017 I published 'Learn English: Improving Spoken English Book 1' (available on Amazon)
- in 2016 I co-wrote a learning resource for Oxbridge applicants to Modern and Medieval Languages (HE+: 'Saudade: that untranslatable feeling')
- in 2011 I wrote the script and directed the recording for an educational Portuguese DVD about Fair Trade, still being used in Portuguese schools today ('Vidas e Dúvidas no Mundo do Chocolate')
I believe in making lessons fun and the language learned relevant to the individual students' needs. Practical use of the target language is central from the start, making it a real tool for communication, which is great for overcoming initial shyness. Alongside this practical approach, I help you become comfortable with grammar topics so that you can use them as the building blocks of confident, fluid communication.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French, German, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- St John's College, University of Cambridge (2013) - MPhil in European Literature and Culture (Masters) (✔ On File)
- TEFL Express (2012) - TEFL/TESOL, Distinction (Professional) (✔ On File)
- St Catharine's College, University of Cambridge (2011) - Modern & Medieval Languages, 1st (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- College of Richard Collyer (2007) - 3 A levels: AAA (School) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||31|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|
I visit Spain a lot, so am ideally placed to practice.
Hazel is concientious and offers homework and spends time with it and is forgiving if I have not the time to do it as often as she/I would like.
I hope we shall continue working together for quite a while.
We are very happy with this arrangement.
Hazel is very patient with me - thankfully, as I am a real beginner and I assume I must be hard work!!