Information About Eleonore - Cambridge teacher - (1 review)
This is how 3 referees rated Eleonore:
Eleonore offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Please note that since I moved back to France, I will now only teach ONLINE via Skype. Thanks!
I'm a Native French speaker, qualified FFL (French as a Foreign Language) Teacher with more than 10 years of Teaching experience behind me. I'm working full-time as a very happy Freelance Teacher in Marseille (France), face-to-face and ONLINE. One-to-one teaching is my passion, I've lost count of the number of amazing and fascinating people I've met from all over the world through teaching over the years! As a Teacher, I make a point in adapting my teaching to the students needs and personality. I believe a mature, responsible, and eclectic teaching approach, as well as a good sense of humour, is crucial for a successful learning environment.
I have a MASTER degree in HISTORY OF ART and Archeology and a Bachelor in FRENCH LITERATURE from LA SORBONNE University (Paris) and Poitiers University. I worked many years in museums (chateau de Versailles) and as a Teaching assistant in History of Art at Poitiers University (France). In 2010, I moved to the UK and decided teaching French full-time. I was a French Teaching Assistant in schools and started studying FFL teaching methods. In Cambridge (UK), where I founded 'the French lesson", I taught French to children as young as 2 years old, postgraduates students from Colleges of the University of Cambridge (Trinity College, King's College, Gonville and Caius College… ) and professionals, beginners to expert levels.
Qualifications & Experience
-MASTER Degree in History of art and Archeology (First class honours), PARIS SORBONNE UNIVERSITY and POITIERS UNIVERSITY, France
-DAEFLE (postgraduate degree in Teaching French as a foreign Language/ Alliance Française)
-Teacher training in teaching newly arrived immigrants on alphabetisation and Illiteracy
-Teacher training in teaching students with Dyslexia and learning difficulties
EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING / FRENCH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
*2010-now (Cambridge, UK - Marseille, France) : "The French lessons" - PRIVATE TUTORING
*2015-now : The Red Cross, Volunteer, Campaign against illiteracy. Tutoring : literacy skills, French as a Foreign language for newly arrived immigrants.
*2010-2011 : FRENCH TEACHING ASSISTANT, Broadway East School, Gosforth, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
*2008-2009 : UNIVERSITY TEACHING ASSISTANT in History of Art , University of Poitiers, France
*2012-Now : TRANSLATION/PROOF-READING :
- Lectures proof-reading in History of Art for COLLEGE DE FRANCE (Paris) **Web Address Removed**
- Fauna and Flora International Cambridge UK
- Parker Hannifin, Newcastle-upon-Tyne UKI OFFER TAILOR-MADE TUITION TO :
- Advanced and Expert levels. I have good experience and I love teaching advanced level students. I can help you break the 'language wall' to get to a higher level. My knowledge and passion for grammar and linguistics will help you improve your skills and hopefully answer the tricky questions sometimes raised by French grammar.
- Complete Beginners and Intermedia**Contact Detail Removed**vels with a progressive method adapted to the students needs and learning preferences. You will learn the fundamental of spoken French, Vocabulary and Pronunciation to be able to communicate in French as quickly as possible, as well as the essentials of grammar to learn with strong basis and build solid language skills.
I HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCE IN :
- Exams and diplomas in French language preparation (DELF-DALF, CGSE, A levels… ) Level A1 to C2
- Professionals coaching : Interview Preparation, Resume/CV editing, Public Speaking, Career advancement
I HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH :
- children, teenagers, adults
- Language Teachers
- PHD and Postdoc students (Modern languages, Physics, Biology, Literature, Political science… )
- Researchers and University Professors (Linguistics, Neurology, Psychiatry, History of art, Biology… )
- Sport and Health professionals (Yoga Teachers, Mountain guides, professional athletes, Therapists and coach… )
- Finance, marketing and business professionals
- Writers, journalists
The lessons can focus on any topic you like, technical vocabulary such as Business French, Finance, Medical French, Literature and linguistics, Politics … French people love speaking about food and politics, I'm no exception :-)
My teaching method is based on the Constructivist method, as well as the Structural Approach. Lessons are tailor-made to suit the student's learning style, needs and aim.
Focusing on oral expression is a priority in an online learning environnement. I will give you every opportunity to express yourself in French, wether you're a beginner or more advanced, in a comfortable and judgement-free environnement. Systematic identification and correction of any bad habits along with grammatical explanations will quickly get you to the next level!
After each lesson I provide exercises and material to give you the opportunity to practice grammar, tenses and learn vocabulary. After the first lesson you will receive a list of ressources and material you can use if you want to develop your language skills by yourself. Practicing on your own on top of the lessons is definitely the most efficient way to learn and improve your French as quickly as possible. I believe that the learner autonomy in Language Learning is essential, and It's my duty to show you how to become more efficient and effective when you study independently.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), German, Latin
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Lyon (2009) - -DAEFLE (postgraduate degree in Teaching French as a foreign Language) (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Poitiers University (2007) - History of Art (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Paris, Sorbonne University (2005) - History of Art/French litterature (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
Extremely good communication skills prior to the tuition and throughout the 1:1 time together.
Many thanks for your time, patience and flexibility in meeting with us at such short notice.