Information About Daniele - Enfield teacher - (13 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Daniele:
- French native speaker (In UK since 1982), tutor and coursebook writer since 1986, prepares students for all exams: (I)GCSE, A levels, International Baccalaureate Diploma, French for Entrance exams to top independent schools, TCF, DELF/DALF
- experienced linguist, member of the Institute of Linguists, ALL (Association for Language Learning)
- author of BBC Bitesize Revision and other renowned courses for all levels: Key Stage 2 (French is Fun - BBC); Key Stage 3 (Equipe, Clic - OUP) GCSE (French for OCR/AQA - OUP) ; CIE IGCSE from Cambridge University Press); Intervention GCSE workbook for Pearson; A level (Elan - OUP, Kerboodle) , International Baccalaureate course (Panorama Francophone), and adults (The French Experience- BBC; Talking the Talk series)
I have written courses, textbooks and recently support workbooks in each exam skill, tailored to GCSE and IGCSE AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL syllabuses as well as the International Baccalaureate Diploma (Ab Initio)
I taught adults - particularly complete beginners - for many years in various institutes (inc. The Working Men's College, London)
I've been teaching privately at all levels since 1994, focusing mostly on exams (GCSE, IGCSE, A levels) and preparing for entrances to the country's top independent schools (Eton, Westminster, Winchester, etc)
I've devised diagnostic tests to assess levels and identify weaknesses and specific areas to focus on.
I can email a list of references on request.
(I)GCSE post-mock results panic? Get one-to-one tutorials (online if preferred) from 25th January to restore confidence after what could be soul-destroying results. Proper exams are still months away and you can do well in them, with work (of course, no miracle) but the right sort of work.
Tutorials are very much tailored to the needs and ability of each student and the examination prepared:
- (I)GCSE/A level/IB diploma: pre-exam practice, with particular focus on grammar and specific needs (vocabulary learning, speaking or listening skills, etc)
- entrance exams/scholarships (e.g. Eton's King Scholarship, Westminster, Winchester, etc.)
- interviews at universities (Oxford/Cambridge)
- help with getting to grips with the nuts and bolts of the language in order to improve confidence and performance in exams, controlled assessment, etc
- personalised support for long-term language learning (language learning skills), undergraduate studies… etc
I am flexible, accommodating and supportive but I expect the same degree of commitment and work from my tutees as I put into each tutorial in order for them to achieve their best. I believe in success breeding motivation breeding success, and in having fun in the process! ;-)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Essex university (1986) - M.A in Literary Translation, Essex University (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Barnet College (1985) - Teaching in Adult Education Certificate (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Bedforshire (1985) - Final Diploma of the Institute of Linguists (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Lille University (1984) - Licence-ès-Lettres (English and TOEFL) Paris and Lille University (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||13|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|
I am so happy your son did so well! Danie
I'm so glad your son did so well in his A level. If I have advised him well (and nudged him gently!), he did the work and his hard work paid off in the end. Well done! It was a pleasure to teach him and I wish him the best in his future studies.
I can highly recommend Daniele to anyone requiring French lessons. She is brilliant, very professional and what most teachers should be like. It's hard to find teachers who are so dedicated in teaching in order for a child to achieve the result they want to. My son understood what was required of him and they worked together really well. Daniele helped my son's confidence in the language improve vastly. Daniele would every so often send me a text/email to reinforce to my son, on things she had advised. Being extremely flexible, made it easy for my son to have his weekly lesson especially when he couldn't have his set lesson due to other commitments. There were a few weeks in Feb/Mar when either my son or Daniele couldn't do the lessons, so Daniele would set him work or ask him to practise what she had asked him in previous lessons. I have no hesitation in recommending her.
She really is a brilliant teacher and I will remain very grateful for what she has done for my son.