Information About Cristina - Edgware teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Cristina:
Highly committed individual to education, with more than five years working in different teaching roles. I have a genuine interest in the aspirations students have and very flexible to adapting materials and techniques to the specific learning style of every individual.
Romanian-English Highschool/Secondary School Teacher
September 2011 – August 2015
• Full responsibility for all aspects of instruction and classroom management activities
• Designing learning environment to meet educational development objectives
• Assisting at risk students with homework and after school classes
• Collaborating with other teachers to implement interdisciplinary lessons
• Demonstrating timeliness and attendance for assigned responsibilities
• Preparing and setting examination papers and exercises
• Fostering a stimulating learning environment that integrates cooperative learning, role-playing,
critical debates, graphics etc.
• Developing and maintaining a positive relationship with pupils, parents and colleagues
• Teaching English as second language
3rd September 2016 – Present: Teaching Assistant
• Supervising and supporting pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
• Assisting with the pastoral care of pupils, including healing those who are sick, distressed or
• Assisting the teacher in preparing the classroom for lessons
• Carrying out administrative tasks to assist the teacher
• Promoting positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour
• Complying with all policies and procedures, including those relating to safeguarding child
protection, health, safety and security
• Attending and participate in relevant meetings, as required
• Working with small groups as required
• 1:1 SEN support
One of the approaches I prefer focuses on using the real life experiences of the learner to create knowledge and considers how students relates to the environment where they are taught. The student gets to be assigned a text, after which gets a set of questions that can only be answered by exploring the text. The main role is to pose questions that provoke the student to look more deeply at the given text.
Another approach I'm keen on is having the student engaged in explorations of real-world problems and challenges. Through these explorations, he develops his content knowledge, but also develop solutions to problems. One of the benefits of this approach is that it allows the student to identify problems in the community or the world at large that he's passionate about. It also provides both the teacher and student with opportunities to be creative.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Department of Education (2017) - Teaching Qualification Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- The Vasile Alecsandri University of Bacau (2010) - Teaching Degree (Professional) (✔ On File)