Information About VeronicaRichmond tutor
I am a student about to enter my first year at McGill University. I mainly tutor English and SAT; however, I am also capable of teaching up to Gr. 12 mathematics and sciences. My most recent academic accomplishments are as follows:
- 770/800 SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Score, 1560/1600 total (99.6 percentile), 1st (and only) attempt
- 100% university admission average for AP English Language and Composition 12
- 100% in AP Calculus AB
- 98% across all courses in Gr. 12
- McGill Major Entrance Undergraduate Scholarship
- University of Toronto Scholar, St. George Campus
- Waterloo President’s Scholarship of Distinction
- University of British Columbia Presidential Scholarship
- University of British Columbia Tuum Est Experiential Award
Top Academic Gr. 12 Student (highest GPA)
I currently work with several students, ranging from gr. 7 to gr. 11 in both math and english. I have been featured in the Richmond News for my tutoring business (**Web Address Removed**).
“Veronica always tries to make the learning more understandable and more fun for me. She always has a really organized way of teaching, and she also comes up with methods specifically catered to me so that I can understand ideas better. Veronica is really patient and her passion really inspires me. She even corrects my writing sentence by sentence so that even the smallest details can be perfected. I have learned so much from Veronica! This class has been so enjoyable and helpful!”
“I really love how Veronica is so patient when I can’t understand a question. She is willing to explain the questions like ten times, or even more, until I fully understand. When I learned the math problems before, I couldn’t fully understand the problem, but Veronica helped me completely understand math concepts. She is funny, and her teaching style makes classes really fun! For example, she gave us “A Week of Reading Challenge”, and I really liked it! I really love her teaching!”
For English classes, through consistently reading well-crafted and challenging texts, students develop a wider vocabulary, more sophisticated writing abilities, a deeper comprehension of complex writing, and a stronger understanding of society. In addition to teaching school-based curriculum, I hope to also foster a strong reading habit in students.
Meanwhile, in mathematics and sciences, I focus on ensuring students fully understand individual topics in order to build a strong foundation for more challenging concepts. I often push students to make connections between different ideas on their own, and apply previously learned information to new situations or question types.
Moreover, throughout high school, I’ve developed specific systems to identify inefficiencies in my study habits, and thus maximize my study time. I am hoping to major in mathematics; with this analytical approach, I’ve worked with my students to develop various spreadsheets to track their progress. For instance, my SAT students regularly track their mistakes from practice exams. After a period of time, they are then able to look back and identify weaknesses; over time, this process has often proved to be illuminating and often surprising. With this data, I’m also able to develop my classes to specifically tailor to my students’ needs; every student experiences a uniquely designed curriculum under my watch.
English classes will include some or all of the following elements:
- Targeted application of skills and recognition of common patterns in language
- Academic writing and essay development practice
- Study of classic and contemporary nonfiction and fiction texts
- Assessment and review of the English section of the SAT exam
- Assistance with schoolwork; English, and up to Gr. 12 mathematics and sciences
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Steveston-London (2020) - Dogwood Diploma (School) (✘ Not On File)