Information About VarqaDartmouth tutor
I am currently working as a software engineer, and have a background in physics. Through my time in university, and afterwards, I always enjoyed working with fellow students, and assisting them when I could.
I hope I'll be able to do the same for you!
- 3 years experience as tutor/TA for computer science and physics classes at the university level
- 10 years experience with mentorship program for junior high and high school students
To really understand a subject, especially in math, physics, or engineering, I find that two things are required:
1. A good intuition for the equations and concepts, which can only be developed through… 2. Solving lots and lots of examples and homework problems.
As we work through a problem together, I can help clarify concepts, identify missing information, and give examples to develop intuition.
However, this approach requires effort and patience for everyone involved - I don't think it's helpful for a tutor to be a fountain of knowledge that knows all the answers - their role is to help others uncover answers for themselves.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Cornell University (2017) - Applied and Engineering Physics (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Cornell University (2017) - Computer Science (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)