Information About Sumon - Brampton tutor - (9 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Sumon:
|College / University||$45.00|
UPDATE ( December 2018):
Spring Semester 2019 candidates: I will be concentrating on the following courses starting in February 2019.
1. Grade 12: Vectors and Calculus
2. Grade 12: Advanced Functions
3. Grade 11: Functions
4. Grade 10: Maths
I have already started receiving requests for Spring 2019 and here are some of the available slots for the weekdays as of end of November 2018:
1. Monday: All slots full
2. Tuesday: All slots full
3. Wednesday: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM ( Grade 11 - Functions - 3 student spots available )
4. Thursday: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM (Grade 11 Functions - 3 student spots available || Grade 12 Vectors and Calculus - 3 student spots available)
5. Friday: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM (Grade 11 Functions - 3 student spots available || Grade 12 Vectors and Calculus - 3 student spots available)
6. Saturday - 4:00PM - 5:00PM ( Grade 12 Advanced Functions - 3 students spots available)
7. Sunday - 4:00PM - 7:00PM (Grade 11 Functions - 3 student spots available || Grade 12 Vectors and Calculus - 3 student spots available)
If you will like to have a chat and think I can help, please do not hesitate to contact me. For lower grades ( Grades 9 ad 10), please contact me and I will try my best.
I specialize in IB/AP (SL and HL) for Grades 10, 11 and 12. and Academic stream in Grades 10, 11 and 12. My students have experienced close to 100% improvement in their Maths grades and more importantly, their confidence in the subject.
Currently tutoring students in the following Grades and Programs
Grades: 10, 11 and 12.
Programs: IB-HL, IB- SL, IBT, Advanced Placement (AP), Academic, Applied ( Peel District School Board, York Catholic District School Board), Private School curriculum, University Maths
Subjects: Mathematics and Physics
University Grade Maths:
Taught 1-4th year students from the following universities ( Waterloo, York, UofT, Ryerson)
Introductory & Advanced Statistics ( Central Tendency, Probability, Distributions ( Normal, Standard Normal, t etc), Hypothesis Testing (z and t testing, single sample and paired, ANOVA) Bivariate Correlation & Regression, Chi Square Tests)
Calculus I &II: First & Second Order Differentials, First Principle, Indefinite & Definite Integrals, Area under curves, First & Second Order Differential Equations
Advanced Tutoring Experience:
1. Graduate Teaching Assistant for Calculus ( Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation) and Matlab ( Sophomore undergraduates) at University of Cincinnati, USA.
2. Tutored close to 50 students in Mathematics and Physics for the Joint Entrance Examinations for admission to the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology, India ( IIT), National Institutes of Technology (NIT) and Engineering Institutes of National Importance ( INI). 2 students gained admission into IIT Kharagpur, India and close to 20 got selected through the Joint Entrance Examination in various NITs and INIs.
3. Tutor for Mathematics for GRE/GMAT/SAT : George Telegraph Institute, USA
4. Tutored Engineering undergraduates in Higher Engineering Mathematics: University of Toronto
My approach is tailored to each student' need. It is geared to help the student understand the fundamental logic or thinking process behind the problem.
Most often I have witnessed diligent students trying to jump to conclusion in mathematics or physics without grasping the fundamental behind the solut
Practice makes any skill perfect and it is especially true for Mathematics. I consult a variety of sources to pose challenging and interesting questions to my students so that she/he can think beyond his/her school syllabus and prepare for college/university admission.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Bengali, Hindi
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- McGill University, Canada (2010) - MBA (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Cincinnati, USA (2005) - Computer Engineering (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Jadavpur University, India (2003) - Electrical Engineering (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||9|
|Positive Feedback Provided:|
On marks: before Sumon took him under his wings (from Dec 2017) our son was averaging 78% in Math. Today, our son is on a consistent +92% - with his class (**Web Address Removed** 10) working at a median of 78% in Math.
Under Sumon’s guidance, we have seen our son continuously grown in self confidence, motivation and perseverance. Grateful to see the way his mind is strengthening by everyday while following Sumon’s schedule; this association has transformed our son’s personality while keeping him humble and stay focussed to the real goal.
Not only as a tutor but Sumon is a great mentor! He guides our boy to keep focussed and stay relevant to the future. With Sumon’s accomplished professional background in Canada, USA and India coupled with his discipline & education accomplishment; one cannot expect a better mentor than him. We would highly recommend Sumon for any student for continuous growth in their formative years at Math/ Science (Sumon also teaches Science for High School and beyond) to this every day changing world.
Again, we don’t know how to thank Sumon enough; it was difficult to comprehend all in short. Therefore, we reached out to our son for his sum up comments about his tutor. Below are his comments on his “mentor”.
* Helped me to increase confidence
* Kept me ahead of material taught in class
* Prepared us consistently with tests and quizzes
* Teaches me multiple ways to approach a problem
* He teaches me how to apply math to real life cases.
Please feel free to reach out at (**Telephone Number Removed** if interested for a direct review
Thanks for your comments. It is quite humbling. It is a pleasure to work with Sheil.
He has a good approach on how to instill interest in Mathematics and very fair in assessing the needs and gaps in a student's knowledge.
Sumon is dedicated to making his students understand the math concepts and very methodical in his teaching. He spends extra time where required by explaining the unclarities and encourages students to come forward with any questions they might have.
Sumon is a dedicated, energetic and enthusiast tutor, always going the "extra mile" for the students to ensure theyhave a good understanding of the topics taught, following up on the homework and making himself available for questions in addition to the time allocated for the tutoring sessions.
humbled by your kind comments. Sincerely appreciated.
it has been a pleasure interacting with your family. Sincerely appreciate your kind comments and thank you for providing me with the opportunity. I thorough enjoy the sessions with Dino and will continue to help him succeed at all levels of mathematics.