Information About Stephanie
This is how 4 referees rated Stephanie:
PREVENT SUMMER SETBACKS WITH CUSTOMIZED ONLINE TUTORING!
I'm a bilingual, self-employed professional with a passion for teaching and helping those in need. I attended Toronto French School, skipped 8th grade, was in the enhanced and extended French programs at Lorne Park Secondary, and went to Neuchâtel Junior College for extended grade 12 and to further enhance my French skills. Additionally, I volunteered in Peel classrooms from 2001-2016 to gain first-hand knowledge pertinent to teaching approaches. Since 2016, I have been tutoring full-time with students aged 3.5-24 years; with 14 current students, I am very familiar with the curriculum standards. I have room for a few more summer clients and would love to help you or your child succeed! I have plenty of experience with learning disabilities and special needs - from ADHD to anxiety to autism - thanks to my psychology degree and work experience with current clients.
I am a University of Toronto graduate with an Honours Bachelor of Science, double majoring in French and Psychology. Working with youth and helping others one-on-one has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember, and I have been volunteering in teaching environments since age 10. I'm very flexible, compassionate, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, organized, patient - and am able to explain subject material in a variety of ways to ensure students fully understand what they're learning. Watching students reach those light-bulb moments is such a rewarding experience for me! Several references available.
* RECENT CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK AVAILABLE *
- In operation since 2009.
- One-on-one in home tutoring for students Pre-K to Grade 11 in weaker subject areas (Math, French, Science, Language - you name it!).
- French tutoring available to students in any grade.
- Having graduated in November 2015, my students are now my sole focus! I work 6 days weekly to provide affordable, quality tutoring to families and mature students in Peel.
- 5 years volunteering experience within the Peel School System.
- Assisted teachers grades 1 through 6 in teaching all subjects and provided one-on-one classroom support to students requiring additional instruction time.
- Assisted in teaching math lessons, provided additional support during lunch recess by running a private small group math session 2x/week.
- Maintained a calm, cohesive classroom environment. Supervised during recess duty.
- Ensuring the personal academic success of my students by supporting them to the best of my ability, using a customized lesson plan catered to individual needs.
- Meeting Ontario curriculum guidelines by incorporating these requirements into lessons, ensuring students have a firm understanding of classroom material.
- Acting as a caregiver if necessary, should an emergency occur.
- Multi-dimensional approach using whatever resources necessary to enhance student performance and understanding.
- One-on-one tutoring in the home environment to improve homework skills and the ability to study within that space.
- Maintaining an organized, flexible schedule in order to accommodate students’ schedules and make myself available to parents by email/phone in between tutoring sessions.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Toronto (2015) - Science & French (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Enhanced & Extended (2004) - Lorne Park Secondary School (School) (✔ On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||5|
|Positive Feedback Provided:|
Overall a very positive experience with Stephanie. BT