Information About SandraToronto tutor
I'm an energetic and passionate teacher with over 6 years of experience teaching/tutoring at the high school and university level. I am confident that my involvement in the school community, my effective teaching
methodologies, my strong academic qualifications, and my commitment to the success of students with diverse
social, cultural, linguistic, and academic backgrounds will be assets as a tutor.
- Honours English AQ course at Queen's University (Course Grade = A+). This course allows me to be a Department Head of English.
- Tutored different University English course at York University, including: Literary Theory, Poetry and Poetics, Shakespeare, Canadian Literature, Contemporary Literature and The Romantics.
- Have taught and tutored the following high school English courses: Grade 9 Academic/Applied, Grade 10 Academic, Grade 11 University/College English and Grade 12 University/College English
- ESL Specialist
- Completed ESL Part I, II and III at the University of Toronto (Course Grades for all= A/A+)
- Three years working in two different Inuit communities, working in a school that had three different languages.
- Worked for Quest Language Studies, teaching teenagers and adults English (levels ranged from very beginner to advanced). These students were all from different countries, including, China, Japan, Russia, Spain, etc.
- Worked for TAIE International Institute for two years. I taught ESLAO, ESLBO, ESLCO, ESLDO and ESLEO.
**Removed By Admin**
In my opinion, the "best" approach to tutoring is one that does the following:
- personalizes tutoring
- incorporates students' interests
- teaches to the students' strengths
- Collaborates with the student
- Consistent communication
- Fostering independent thinkers
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Ontario Institute for Students in Education (2013) - Bachelor of Education, Intermediate/Senior – English and History (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- York University (2012) - Honours Bachelor of Arts, Double Major in English and Creative Writing (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)