This is how 2 referees rated Roy:
*Offering online tutoring during the COVID-19 pandemic* I am a 3rd year pharmacology student at UBC with a 95% average (A+). I have over 4 years of tutoring experience, which includes teaching a wide range of subjects. My specialty is in teaching math and science (including biology and chemistry) due to my intensive knowledge and background. I also been through the IB Diploma Programme, having completed it myself with a final score of 42 points (out of 45). I am able to speak Mandarin fluently as well, which may help students who have difficulties speaking or understanding English.
- Tutor/Teacher at Lantern Academy (2018 - present)
- Tutor at Tutoring4Change (2016 - 2018)
- Tutor at JJ Learning Centre (2017 - 2018)
- Tutor at Caterpillar Club (2014 - 2016)
- Peer Tutor at Port Moody Secondary School (2015)
I will provide a FREE 30-minute assessment/consultation session so that I can have a better understanding of how to help the specific student maximize their learning. This is also an opportunity for the student (and his/her parents) to get to know me better before choosing me as their tutor.
When tutoring sessions start, I treat each student differently according to their learning style and their needs. Some students may want more challenges, while some may need to slow down and learn the basics first. I can also provide additional worksheets and materials for the student to do at home if I see fit.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of British Columbia (2018) - Year 1 and 2 (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Port Moody Secondary School (2017) - IB Diploma (School) (✘ Not On File)