This is how 2 referees rated Radha:
I am a Japanese Language tutor, living in Yokohama, Japan. I have been living in Japan for over 20 years and have extensive experience teaching students within and outside Japan. I have a level 1, the highest level, in Japanese Language Proficiency Test. I have been teaching students of various levels and several of them have successfully found jobs that use Japanese skills. Many of my young students in high school and middle school have secured high grades in their school requirements and some have gone on to study university level Japanese.
I am originally from India but my long association with Japan has helped me gain exceptional insight and command over the language. As a foreigner myself, I do not take the language for granted and I am deeply aware of the difficulties and challenges a non native speaker may face. My knowledge of the pitfalls has helped me device a very systematic and creative teaching technique that has helped my students achieve their academic goals. I have provided a detailed description of this in the teaching experience section of this page.
Apart from my language skills, I am a potter and a gamer. My gaming skills has especially helped me connect with the younger students and it has helped me add an interesting dynamics to my teaching techniques.
Twelve Years of Teaching experience:
My students come from various backgrounds and include;
Middle school/ High school students who have chosen Eastern Language as their secondary language
Private tutoring to University students (University of Toronto, University of Ohio) for EAS 121,221 120 courses
Students preparing for JLPT level exams N5 ~N1
Students learning Japanese to get into anime/ manga and gaming related jobs
Students/ housewives learning Japanese as a hobby
Students who want to learn Kanji, the most interesting and intriguing Japanese script.
1. Every student will be given a tailor-made lesson for every class outlining the topics that will be covered in class. This will include notes on grammar, vocabulary and class work exercises.
2. Audio/ video presentations to expose the students to Japan and its culture
3. Students will be given regular homework at the end of each class
4. Home work help for school home work. (not exactly doing the homework, but equipping them to do the homework)
5. Once in every 4 weeks there will be assessment tests like rapid round vocab test/ grammar check/ oral and listening assessments. (parents will be updated on progress of students)
The textbooks that will be used :
a. Any Prescribed Text Book followed by the school, Genki, Minna no Nihongo, Japanese for Busy people, Japanese for Elementary students,
b. JLPT prescribed books for JLPT prep.
c. Basic and Intermediate Japanese Grammar
Advanced class students will be exposed to Japanese newspapers; websites; news articles, audio/ video clippings etc
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (American), Malayalam
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Holy Cross College (1987) - Bachelor of Commerce (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)