Information About MeganDollard-des-Ormeaux tutor
I was an adult when I began to learn French, and I fell in love with the language. I also had so much fun, and pleasure, in learning it that I wanted to give the same experience to Francophones who want to learn English: that's why I became a teacher.
I love teaching, tutoring and coaching, especially when my students and clients succeed. That can mean a number of things: getting a super mark on an exam, giving an excellent speech, making a successful presentation, going to an interview in English (and getting the job!), or just learning to speak English better, with greater confidence.
And my greatest professional satisfaction comes when I can give others the same pleasure, and satisfaction, in learning English as I had learning French.
◊ Teaching ESL at CEGEP and high school levels (CEGEP Bourgechemin, Drummondville, and Collège de Lévis, Lévis): 4 years
◊ Teaching English to professionals in firms such as Deloitte, Effigi, Prospek and TAG TAXI: 30 years
◊ Coaching Francophones to equip them to make effective speeches and presentations in English
◊ Translating, revising and (occasionally) writing tax articles and speeches (Deloitte) and promotional material for various other clients
◊ Writing speeches and presentation for professionals (Deloitte)
◊ Translation of a business guide (Go Beyond the Red ! by Liette Monat, Carswell, 2011)
There are several things I believe to be essential:
- to respond to each person's actual need. A student who wants to do well on a written exam doesn't need the same kind of support as someone who wants to make a great speech.
- to build on every person's present knowledge and strengths, and provide new material as needed.
- to give my students and clients confidence in speaking. I put this last, but it is not the least important.
Given these priorities, the first step I take is to find out what my clients and students need, what they want, and what they expect of me. When we have discussed their needs, we talk about how they learn best, and how much time they can devote to both tutoring sessions and work between sessions. I then prepare a plan for their approval - and then we start!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- l'Université de Montréal (1976) - Teaching certificate: ESL (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- l'Université de Montréal (1975) - Survival in Québec as an Anglophone (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)