Information About MarionSteinbach tutor
Hi, my name is Marion. I am a professional French native teacher from France with 10 years of experience. I OFFER ONLINE CLASSES. I have been teaching private classes part-time or full-time face to face and online since 2012. Therefore, I know how to adapt to each student’s needs. I use an innovative pedagogy based on the last research developments in teaching foreign languages. My expertise lies particularly in teaching English and Chinese native speakers. I lived in their countries and I can understand their language and culture.
In the recent years, I have been focusing on teaching teenagers but I still teach some adults. I recently moved to this beautiful country, Canada, and I am very glad to meet Canadian students.
Teacher of French as a Foreign Language
- Individual classes to Taiwanese teenagers from International schools (Hong Kong International Canadian School, Singapore American School, Singapore UWCSEA International School, The Leys School in Cambridge… ) as well as Taiwanese students living in Taiwan going to Taiwanese local schools, 2015 until today.
- Individual tutoring to Taiwanese children attending the French Section of the Taipei European School, 2015-2018.
- French Center , National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, 2013-2015
- Online teacher on Skype since 2012, Worldwide.
- Private Classes for candidates to Canada Immigration (Quebec), Beijing, China, 2010-2012.
- French Alliance of Beijing, China, 2010-2012.
- Beijing International Studies University, Department of French Language, China, 2010-2012.
- Private teacher for children, London, UK, 2009-2010.
- The Heathland Middle School and High school, London, UK, 2009-2010.
Examiner for the French Language Proficiency Test DELF/DALF, beginner to expert levels (A1 to C2) since 2014.
Voice for French Textbooks for foreigners (Phonetic, vocabulary and dialogues).
– Bachelor of Teaching French as a Foreign Language, Stendhal University, Grenoble, France, 2009.
– Master in European History, University of Toulouse, France, 2009.
– Marketing and Management of Arts and Performances, one semester, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, 2015.
Lessons include: Work with diverse teaching materials allowing the students to work on the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Grammar is taught on a regular basis but it is only a part of the class since all the contents need to be balanced.
Methodology: From my 10 years experience, I have learnt that each student is unique and my methodology adapts to each student's needs and interests. I love to spend time creating teaching resources. On the other hand, I aim at building a strong frame to guide my students in their learning. I never forget my ultimate goal which is to make them able to communicate in French. I always give homework to guarantee regular practice which is the key to learn a language. I regularly do quizzes, exercises, discuss about pictures or videos during my classes to give the opportunity to the student to review the vocabulary and grammar. Repeating a word in different contexts is very important in the process of memorization. Finally, I often ask my students if they wish to work on a specific topic or need to review some specific points.
Language used during the class: I used to teach all my classes in French only, even for the very beginners. Even though this method is very efficient to learn quickly, I observed that making the student feel confident is a key point in their learning. So I offer two ways: We can either do all the class in French or I can start the beginner level by including some English or Chinese explanation during the class and I will progressively turn the all class into French. We can also try both methods and see which one suits you better!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- CIEP PARIS (2014) - EXAMINER FOR FRENCH PROFICIENCY TEST DELF DALF (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- UNIVERSITY OF TOULOUSE 2, FRANCE (2009) - HISTORY (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- UNIVERSITY OF GRENOBLE STENDHAL, FRANCE (2009) - TEACH FRENCH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)