Information About LucyVaughan tutor
I am a student in the Master of Teaching program at the University of Toronto, and I hold a bachelor's degree in English literature from the University of British Columbia. I have also completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma and I scored in the 99th percentile in the SAT. I am currently in the process of completing a certificate in teaching English language from the University of Cambridge.
I have two years of work experience as a senior instructor at Fostering Debate Talent Academy, western Canada's largest debate training centre for high school students, where I taught group classes in debate and public speaking. Before that, I worked as a private English tutor, piano teacher, and English teaching assistant. I have experience both with face-to-face teaching and online teaching through Zoom.
I am an attentive tutor and teacher and I truly desire for my students to succeed. I am happy to tutor students in middle school and high school. These are some areas that I can help you with:
- General English reading comprehension and essay writing
- IB English (I scored 7 of 7 in Higher Level English Literature)
- Public speaking or presentation skills - I give detailed feedback and provide drilling exercises
- Teaching English to foreign-language speakers using a student-centred approach
- University application essays, resumes, and cover letters
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- University of British Columbia (2020) - B.A. in English Literature (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- International Baccalaureate (2014) - International Baccalaureate Diploma (School) (✘ Not On File)