This is how a referee rated Larry:
I am a graduate of the Richard Ivey School of Business at Western University. I am currently a Program Team Leader with the Toronto District School Board responsible for business, technology, co-op and computers.
I am also the creator of the website: **Web Address Removed**
I have 24 years teaching experience with the Toronto District School Board. My tutoring focus is to train people to become D.I.Y. Investors. If you want to learn, I want to teach you how to become a do-it-yourself investor. Hopefully, you can achieve the same financial freedom that I have achieved.
My goal is to explain asset allocation, the benefits of low cost index funds, how to set up a discount brokerage account, asset rebalancing, difference between a TFSA and RRSP, setting up a self directed RESP.
The plan is to save you thousands of dollars in mutual fund fees by learning to invest for yourself. Please visit my website to get more information about me.
We'll work on implementing the 5 rules of investing.
1. Pay off all your debts first (except mortgage debt)
2. Create an emergency fund to cover 6 months of living expenses.
3. Figure out how much you need to save so you can retire comfortably when you are 65 years old (or younger but it will mean more savings today).
4. Invest you savings in low cost index funds: 1/3 Canadian stocks, 1/3 international stocks, 1/3 Canadian bonds.
5. Rebalance your investments every year so you maintain the one third, one third, one third mix of stocks and bonds.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Ontario College of Teachers (1993) - Ontario Certified Teacher (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario (1990) - Honours Business Adminstration (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)