Information About Katherine - Kitchener tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Katherine:
Katherine offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
· Certified teacher with over 15 years of experience teaching pre-school, elementary, ESL, and special needs students provincially and internationally
· Skilled communicator, easily builds relationships with students and co-workers
· Active listener skilled at creating safe, nurturing space and implementing differentiated learning techniques to students of diverse backgrounds
· Creative educator and lifelong learner passionate about reading and sharing knowledge
· Flexible and adaptable, enjoys taking on new challenges
· Sensitive leader with effective classroom management practices
· Organized, efficient, able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
· Values being with children, loves to play while learning together
Over 5 years experience teaching ESL in China
2 years full time teaching in Canada
Tutor at Oxford Learning Center in Waterloo
I like to use games, songs and stories with young children to help them learn to read and do math. I believe learning needs to engage students in an interactive way so they learn to think about what they are learning. I use a variety of tools to teach phonics to make reading interactive. I like to use poems and songs to engage their whole self in learning, from the alphabet to reading books.
To teach writing I like to use story telling and then build up to learning to write about different topics in an orderly fashion.
For ESL I use flashcards and sentence building activities, to start with building up to reading paragraphs and writing sentences on their own.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Concordia University (2000) - Education (Bachelors) (✔ On File)