I am an engineer that is passionate for teaching. I thrive on seeing people/students achieve success. I have a Masters in Biomedical Engineering and a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. This means I have a strong background in Mathematics and Physics. I am fully fluent in English and French and can also help with teaching the French language.
If you think I can help, let's connect and chat!
1) I was a teaching assistant (TA) for 1 year during my Masters degree. I taught first year and second year engineering students at the University level.
2) I completed the Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) which is designed to increase teaching effectiveness. I learned teaching theory and applied this knowledge when I developed 3 short lessons on various topics. Lastly I received feedback from my peers based on the lessons that I taught.
3) As an engineer that has worked in industry, I had the responsibility of teaching and mentoring engineering interns. I developed their problem-solving and critical thinking skills through assigning their work. I also provided performance review at the end of their terms as interns.
My teaching methods take on a collaborative approach. I find working with the student and having the student engaged in a conversation with me is more effective than lecturing.
A typical class will primarily include a topic at the student's request. If needed, I can provide a lesson on the topic as well. I use concrete examples to reinforce the concepts learned. Students should come prepared with questions and/or problems that they need help with.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- The University of British Columbia (2019) - Biomedical Engineering (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- The University of British Columbia (2018) - Instructional Skills Workshop Certificate (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Waterloo (2015) - Mechanical Engineering (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Peel District School Board (2010) - Certificate for Bilingual Studies - French Immersion (Other) (✘ Not On File)