Information About JosephBurnaby tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Joseph:
Most recently, before moving back to Vancouver, Canada, I was an English professor at a prestigious university in Seoul, South Korea. Previous to my professorial work, I earned a Masters of Education (3.78/4.00 GPA) from Harvard University. I also hold further education degrees from the University of British Columbia, including a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Special Education (concentration in gifted education and learning disabilities with a minor in TESL/TEFL (3.90/4.00 GPA) and a Bachelor of Education (3.77/4.00 GPA). I am qualified to teach the following subjects in BC: social studies/history, English (ESL/EFL), and special education. Yes, I am a professional, certified BC teacher. I have taught for the Vancouver and Burnaby school districts.
Ivy League School Admissions Consulting
* consulted with parents on admission process; mentored, tutored, and coached students
* edited and proofread common application and supplementary essays; edited resumes
* clients accepted to UBC, Stanford, Yale, UPenn, Columbia, Caltech, Brown, Northwestern, Cornell, etc. (over 80% acceptance rate to parents/students’ 1st or 2nd choice of college)
* tutored SAT writing
My approach to tutoring, teaching and lecturing is to care deeply for my students, their learning, and their success. If I do my best, my students will do their best and, in due course, they will succeed.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Korean
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Harvard University (2002) - Education (Masters) (✔ On File)
- British Columbia (1995) - Teacher (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of British Columbia (1995) - Education (Bachelors) (✔ On File)