Information About Ian
This is how 2 referees rated Ian:
I believe in lifelong learning and am always looking for ways to better my mind, body and soul. While I am proud to call Winnipeg my home, I am often dreaming of my next destination to explore. For me, traveling provides just as much opportunity for adventure as it does a chance to learn something new. Healthy living is paramount to me - from biking to running to yoga to weights, my daily sweat is the best medicine that I'll ever need. I'm a goal setter and am focused, motivated and driven to accomplish everything to which I put my mind. I learn from my mistakes and value opportunities to grow.
I am a graduate from the University of Winnipeg. I completed a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biological Psychology (Neuroscience) in 2016, a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology in 2017 and, most recently, a Bachelor of Education in 2020.
I am a licensed educator in the Province of Manitoba.
**Removed By Admin**
I have been professionally tutoring students since 2018. I have tremendous experience tutoring a variety of subjects and concepts, including:
- middle and senior year mathematics
- middle and senior year English language arts (essay writing, editing, etc.)
- middle and senior year science
- adult English language learning
My expertise as a teacher has taken me into classrooms across Canada. My experience includes the following roles:
- Grade 9 Generalist (Math, Science, Health & English Language Arts) in Taloyoak, Nunavut
- Grade 9/10 Science in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Grade 8 Math, Science & Social Studies in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Grade 9/10 Science, Grade 11 Math & Grade 9 Computers in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut
I am a passionate and professionally trained educator and bring with me over ten years of experience in teaching and community development. My previous roles have taken me into the classroom but have also extended far beyond it through my involvement with Let's Talk Science; a national, non-profit organization that is committed to empowering youth to be creative and thrive in a complex global environment. I believe that progressive, rigorous and inspiring educational experiences lay the foundation for meaningful change in our world and, as a result, am always looking for new ways to inspire others. I am an organized, motivated and reliable educational professional who is committed to making a difference and delivering impressive results.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- The University of Winnipeg (2020) - Education (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- The University of Winnipeg (2020) - English as a Second Language Teacher Certificate Program (Other) (✔ On File)
- The University of Winnipeg (2017) - Psychology (4-Year) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- The University of Winnipeg (2016) - Biopsychology (Honours) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||6|
|Positive Feedback Provided:|
He is an A+ tutor and I definitely recommend him to other parents looking to help their kids.
You give your students a comfortable, judgement free, space which allows learning to be more enjoyable. You seem to be extremely patient which allows students to feel comfortable enough to try, make mistakes, and learn from them.
Not only this, you actively engage in both audio and visual learning for the various learning styles a student might have. Your examples are easy to understand and you tend not to move on until youre sure that your student understands the topic that you are reviewing with them; which is great because you also try o connect concepts and examples together to make things easier.