This is how a referee rated Hojjatollah:
I have more than 14 years scientific industrial experience in Canada and also I have more than 11 years scientific research experience in universities in Iran. I published several books of Electrical Engineering as an author. I was member of Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT) as well.
I am Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.-PEO) in Ontario and (P.Eng.-APEGA) in Alberta, Canada. I am National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) Certified and eligible for Professional Engineers Registration (P.E.) in USA (California).
I have several years experience in tutoring Early Development, Elementary and Secondary School Math, Physics, and first year university Calculus.
I also have more than 11 years experience in Teaching and Tutoring Theoretical and Practical courses in Undergraduate level as an Electrical Engineering Instructor/Lecturer in Universities and Colleges
• Theoretical courses such as: Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, Energy Diffusion (Distribution Systems), Fundamentals of Electrical Power 2 (Power System Analysis 2), Electrical Circuits Analysis, Electrical Machinery 1, Electrical Machinery 2
• Practical courses such as: Electrical Workshop, Technical Electrical Drawing, AutoCAD in Electrical Engineering, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering Lab… Power Systems Lab… Physics of Magnetic Lab… and Electrical Circuits Analysis Lab.
My basic tutoring approaches are to:
- Guide students (with questions) to discover principles/methods for themselves
- Start with simple problems, and use them to build up to understanding the theory or more complicated problems.
- Break more complicated problems into manageable ones
- Emphasize intuitive understanding over technical details
- Ask questions to help students solidify their understanding
- Create quick homework problems and structured revision schedules to solidify student's understanding of key points learned
- Explain problems and concepts when I can't figure out how to guide students to discover them for themselves.
- Ask students to explain stuff back to me to help them integrate their understanding, while I identify remaining areas of confusion
- Use technology to tutor better and more efficiently
- Make screencasts of tutoring sessions, so that students can review their tutoring session afterwards, and also benefit from each other's tutoring sessions! Some students find these very useful! This requires using my computer, which has its own limitation.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: German
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Pennsylvania, USA (2017) - Engineering Training Program (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- College of Management at Ministry of Energy (2005) - Project Management (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Azad University (1997) - Electrical Engineering (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Azad University (1991) - Electrical Engineering (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)