This is how 3 referees rated Hanna:
Twelve years’ experience working with children and youth in a supportive and life skills focused environment in programs within the Kingston community and surrounding areas. I have a passion for female empowerment and gender equity with a focus on goal setting and positivity. My personal philosophy is you can do anything as long as you are willing to put the work in.
Hobbies and interests include:
- Budgeting, Money Management
- Active Lifestyle (weightlifting)
- Reading (currently read 302 books over the past 10 years)
- Basic arts and crafts on minimal budget
- Home renovations, DIY and projects
- Cat lover and owner
Ten years’ experience working with children and youth in a supportive and life skills focused environment in programs within the Kingston community and surrounding areas with a focus on life skills, employment, education, and counselling.
I have been with Girls Incorporated of Limestone, Algonquin and Lakeshore for 10 plus years in various roles and positions. I have a proven ability to effectively lead people individually and as a team with warmth, positive, accountability and confidence have been integral to my success in this role. In addition to programming-related responsibilities, I have turned my attention to the necessary administrative tasks, ensuring budgets are observed, funding guidelines are met, and service targets are exceeded whenever possible.
- Planning and facilitating programs and services to client’s ages 4 to 30 in development life skills, school related skills, positive encouragement, social interactions, and individual counselling and support.
- Plan and implement a variety of different programs and activities related to life skill development, education, and employment skills to assist in achieving client’s individual goals and needs.
- Facilitate and development of crafts and interactive activities for children to encourage social interactions, educations, skills development and positive entertainment.
- Provided one to one support and guidance to parents/guardians and provide a bridge between outside agencies and professionals within the Kingston community to assist in developing support systems for their children.
- Responsible for daily organization of agency bookkeeping, payroll and administrative duties including organizing volunteers, working with computers, bookkeeping systems, database entries, tax receipts, and multiple administrative and office duties.
I also have a passion for basic math and have 8 years experience as a bookkeeper for a non-profit, including payroll.
- Along with my excellent skills and experience, I enjoy building rapport with clients that will assist them in developing their personal goals and succeed in life.
- Creating a positive learning environment
- One-to-one Tutoring
- All children learn more effectively when they are actively engaged in learning.
- I aim to tailor my tuition to the individual I expect students to maintain regular contact in regards to their subject progressions and their individual needs. I expect students to arrive at tuition sessions with a clear idea of what it is they hope to get from the sessions.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Girls Inc. National (2014) - Financial Literacy Training (Other) (✔ On File)
- St. Lawrence College (2009) - Advance Diploma: Child and Youth Worker (College) (✔ On File)
- Epilepsy Kingston (2007) - Tutor (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Haliburton Highland Secondary School (2002) - Ontario Secondary School Diploma (School) (✔ On File)