AN EXPERIENCED TUTOR WITH VERY GOOD PAST RESULTS WITH MY STUDENTS.
Thank you for reading this profile. I hope some honest information about me will help you determine if I am the right teacher for your academic goals and preferences.
A bit about my history: I was born in a small town in Vietnam. As a junior high school, I won numerous provincial medals for my achievements in Mathematics and Sciences, which, along with my IELTS result of 7.5, led me to win a full scholarship to study A-Levels in New Zealand. In case you don't know A-Levels, it is equivalent to the IB program and is the national curriculum in England. Due to my excellent A-Level results, I won another full scholarship to Mount Holyoke College where I am currenly majoring in Biochemistry and Mathematics.
I love making new friends and exploring the South Hadley area. In my free time, I listen to music, go to the movie theater with my friends, and learn new languages. Talk to me, promise you I won't bite! Hahaha :D
Listed below are my qualifications
- A-Levels: A* (Maths), A* (Biology), A* (Physics), A (Physics)
- SAT 1: 2310 (720 CR, 790 M, 800 W) - 11 essay
- SAT 2: 800 (Maths II), 800 (Physics), 800 (Chemistry)
- TOEFL iBT: 111/120
- IELTS: 8.5/9.0 (I retook this one after the first one got expired)
At the moment, I can only teach online via Skype but I will extend my services to off-line sessions when the fall comes.
I hope you have gotten to know me a bit better by now! I'm so looking forward to working with you and helping you succeed!
From 2011 to 2013, I had tutored extensively students from various junior high schools in New Zealand and helped them achieve "Excellent" (the highest distinction in the NZ curriculum) in Maths and Sciences. During this time, I also tutored English to many immigrants from China, Cambodia, etc. - many of them were nearly 60 years old. I also have extended my services to SAT tutoring and one of my students jumped nearly 300 points (from 1520 to 1800) after 10 one-hour sessions.
- ESL: As a used-to-be TESOL student, I understand how frustrating English can be, especially when it comes to listening and speaking. Based on my personal experience and the method that I have developed for myself over the years to master the language, I can help you improve your English ability and gain confidence in interacting with the native speakers.
- Maths/Sciences: As you can see through my relentless pursuit of those fields that they are my life-long passion. When I teach my students, I always focus on their weaknesses and make sure I know what's preventing them from understanding concepts, formulae, etc. I will try to explain difficult and abstract situations in the simplest and funniest language so that my students can remember much longer. Maths and Sciences are FUN (trust me! :D) and I will spread that loving energy to you until you realize how terrific they are!
- SAT: I will supply you with very helpful resources that I have collected over the years for free. Along with my tutoring, those materials can make your SAT preparation almost pain-free! (yay!). I also give you tips on how to spend time and energy during the test as we all know SAT is just like an academic marathon. Other aspects such as testing spirit (haha it IS VERY important!), testing strategies, etc. are also covered.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Self-studied (2014) - SAT 1 & 2 (Other) (✔ On File)
- Self-studied (2014) - TOEFL iBT & IELTS (Other) (✔ On File)
- ACG Senior College (2013) - GCE A-Level Diploma (School) (✔ On File)