This is how 3 referees rated Eric:
Hi! I am a grade 12 International Baccalaureate (IB) student with a passion for learning as well as helping others to learn. I love working with students, and take personal pride when they can achieve new heights! I myself am a very hardworking student, a trait which has allowed me to maintain top marks in a very fast-paced and competitive program. This has helped me stay at the top of my class, and get full marks for my IB Math and Chemistry courses. I have many interests in school, such as math and science, as well as extracurricular activities such as playing piano and practicing kung fu. In these uncertain times where school education is limited, I promise that my tutoring will help my students stay on track for when school continues again.
- Honor Roll Student for 4 years, full score in SL Math and Chemistry
- 1st place at HOSA Spring Leadership Conference, Competed in HOSA International Leadership Conference
- 1st place in GOCAA International Piano Competition held in Los Angeles
- Top placing student in Waterloo Math Contests, Top 10% in Micheal Smith (Science) Challenge
- Fluent in English, Mandarin, French
Kung Fu Teacher for Beginner class: Since 2016
Piano Tutor for levels 1-8: Since 2018
Volunteer Tutor at High School for Science: Since 2018
I believe all these experiences really helped me gain lots of expertise in working with kids of different ages and how I could teach them most effectively in the most comfortable way possible
My approach to tutoring is reinforcing all my tutee’s concepts and making sure he/she has strong fundamental skills learnt in school first. I believe fundamental skills are essential in learning any subject, and excelling at these skills makes learning new ones much easier as well. I will also focus on helping my tutee learn more outside the normal curriculum so they are prepared for years to come.
I always make sure that I create a comfortable, positive atmosphere with the student while also making sure they are able to understand every concept and apply it to the real world. Because every student’s needs and skills are different, I always first gain a sense of my tutee’s strengths and weaknesses through discussion and diagnostics and customize my lessons to fit the needs of the student.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese, French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Bayview Secondary School (2020) - International Baccalaureate Diploma (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Conservatory of Music (2019) - ARCT in Piano Performance (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Adrienne Clarkson Public School (2016) - French Immersion Program (School) (✘ Not On File)